Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just how clean is your Vette? (Pics)

Z06nut

Corvette
2004 CE Z06 Lemans Blue
I'm anal about keeping my Z clean. Some people think I go too far when I put it up on jack stands remove the tires and clean my calipers and fender wells. I do that about once a month. At least once a year I like the clean the entire under belly of the car from front to back. I go as far as polishing things that people can't even see.

Why do I do this? You ask. Well let me show you.

dsc05503sm3dl.jpg

dsc05505sm8wt.jpg

dsc05508sm7vr.jpg

dsc05509sm7rr.jpg

And the main reason is to catch any problems like this.

dsc05543sm5lx.jpg

A rear dif. leak. The extended time you spend under the car helps you see potential problems. Well it looks like I'll be making a trip to the shop.:ugh

Wow... That's clean! Being that it's my daily driver it's difficult to keep it real clean. I don't think you're crazy for cleaning the fender wells... They can get nasty and take away from the over all look. I can't say that I've taken my tires off but I do get in there with my pressure washer and go over it real good.

I clean the walls with every wash and then spray the plastic part of them down with Armor All so the wells look really nice. Good catch!

That's amazing. One day, I hope to be able to keep mine half that clean.

Way to go Nut. You can never get a Corvette too clean. By the way, nice Vette. I see some Corvettes with wheel wells so dirty you know they have never been cleaned. You are to be commended.
Paul

Z06nut,

Do you think your cleanliness is genetic? If it is then I would like to know if you have a daughter that will be ready to be married in around 10 years? If so I'd like to arrange a marriage between my son and her.

:D
Bluecoupe

Z06nut said:
I'm anal about keeping my Z clean. Some people think I go too far when I put it up on jack stands remove the tires and clean my calipers and fender wells. I do that about once a month. At least once a year I like the clean the entire under belly of the car from front to back. I go as far as polishing things that people can't even see.

Why do I do this? You ask. Well let me show you.

dsc05503sm3dl.jpg

dsc05505sm8wt.jpg

dsc05508sm7vr.jpg

dsc05509sm7rr.jpg

And the main reason is to catch any problems like this.

dsc05543sm5lx.jpg

A rear dif. leak. The extended time you spend under the car helps you see potential problems. Well it looks like I'll be making a trip to the shop.:ugh

Well, I know I want mine to be that clean... when I sell it! Wow- think of how much more money you might get if people see how much you take care of the car.

bluecoupe said:
Z06nut,

Do you think your cleanliness is genetic? If it is then I would like to know if you have a daughter that will be ready to be married in around 10 years? If so I'd like to arrange a marriage between my son and her.

:D
Bluecoupe

My daughter will be 20 years old in 10 years. I'll put you're son on the long list of canidates. So far no boy has pasted the bullet proof test. I think I should make it the last test instead of the first. That way I'll know a little more about them.;LOL

Z06nut said:
My daughter will be 20 years old in 10 years. I'll put you're son on the long list of canidates. So far no boy has pasted the bullet proof test. I think I should make it the last test instead of the first. That way I'll know a little more about them.;LOL

I'll make sure he stays in school and stays healthy. He'll be 26 (in 10 years) and hopfully successful. So hold your fire. :D

A new car should be clean. However lets see if yours is this clean and still unrestored after 43 years.

Wow... I'm impressed. I can tell you I would totally be that anal if I only had one or two cars... it gets tough when you have as many as I do... although the couple that are 100% restored STAY that clean.. but of course the ones I've purchased are all dirty and mistreated... some day... some day they will all be that clean... :cry

Hi Z06Nut -

Very nice - I like the idea of removing the splash pans and polishing them up - niiiice....

I noticed rust on your rotor faces where the wheels mate up....

I keep this from happening by using Amzoil MP - same stuff I use on my weapons. It keeps the rust from forming there (and on the top-hats) until you remove the wheels next time....

best regards -

mqqn

My friend and I spend hours cleaning our Vettes and we show them every Friday night at the local shopping center (or closest thing Aviano, Italy has to one). We have a regular show on Friday nights and the Italians love the Corvettes. My friend has a MY 2002 and mine is a Quicksilver 2002 both with Corsa exhausts. Next to how clean they always are, the Italians love the exhaust note and surprisingly, they like the HUD nearly as well. My friend is single and he likes to let the girls sit in his car..."No particular reason," he says, but I know better! Can't say that I blame him either!!! There are some fabulous appearing Italian women (who love Corvettes).

mqqn said:
Hi Z06Nut -

Very nice - I like the idea of removing the splash pans and polishing them up - niiiice....

I noticed rust on your rotor faces where the wheels mate up....

I keep this from happening by using Amzoil MP - same stuff I use on my weapons. It keeps the rust from forming there (and on the top-hats) until you remove the wheels next time....

best regards -

mqqn

That's perfect! Thanks! I was looking for a way to limit the rust with out painting or covering them.

What in the world is Chevyaddict doing with a Fiat in his stable??? :) An Alpha Romeo, Maserati, or Ferrari would fit in nicely, but a Fiat? I guess if it's a Fiat Uno 1.3 Turbo, it might be ok....tell me it's so, Chevyaddict! :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom