Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just installed new Magnaflows!

stearnman

Corvette
1992 Bright Red LT1 Coupe
Yup! Just installed the Magnaflows that Rick Anthony was selling! First thing's first..Rick is a great guy to deal with!

The install was fast! Less than an hour! Quick hack-saw job 5" back from the stock muffler, and the Magnaflows slipped right on with no problems!

I love the look and the sound! Much much MUCH healthier sound over the stock!:_rock

So...anyone wanna buy some stock LT1 mufflers? :D

Thanks again, would love to see some pics!
-=Rick

Magnaflow has the BEST exhaust system products in the world!

Did I say Magnaflow has the BEST exhaust system products in the world?

I thought so! :D

Save The Wave! :w

lt4man said:

Lol, Hey Greg!

I know your partial to magnaflow, good story about your custom exhaust. I am seriously thinking of putting the set I had on display at the show on my car. Anyway it was great to meet you at the show.

-=Rick

lt4man said:

I couldn't agree more.... :)

BlackNBlue95 said:
Lol, Hey Greg!

I know your partial to magnaflow, good story about your custom exhaust. I am seriously thinking of putting the set I had on display at the show on my car. Anyway it was great to meet you at the show.

-=Rick

Hey, Rick! Top of the morning to ya!

Likewise on meeting you. Had a great time at the show (I seem to be repeating myself a lot lately! :L )

I spent a HUGE amount of time before I decided on Magnaflow. You can just imagine: I had not done ANY exhaust work since my Vette was four months old. I certainly wanted workmanship, fit, looks, sound, price (read GOOD DEAL!). If you talk to the folks in the know (technicians & customers) one keeps hearing "Magnaflow" over and over again. IMHO, they just seem to be the one company doing enough research in order to produce a top quality product.

If you do put the "Mags" on your Vette, please let us see what they look like. I was able to tuck mine under the bumper cover because I installed separate tips. If you go with the muffler & tailpipe assembly you might have to put them in the OEM position. They will still look BOSS!, boss! (Enough with all this repeating!) ;LOL

SAVE THE WAVE! :w

At some point I will be replacing the decaying Y-pipe and the muffler eliminators I have on my '89, and have read many threads in which people swear by Magnaflows. Could you please provide some details on what it is that you especially like about them? I have also been looking at Borlas, and like the sound/looks, but they seem to be a bit steep in price. So.....would appreciate any insights.

Thanks,

/s/ Chris Kennedy

AdvancedAutoCC said:
I couldn't agree more.... :)

Robert, nice to have you with us! Too bad you aren't located a little further "north". Like in Chi-town! :upthumbs

Whenever you post something, I pay close attention to what you say. There is just no substitute for experience.

I take it you have been using Magnaflows for a while.

When I had mine installed I was not ready for the increase in POWER. I went from muffler eliminators to getting rid of my resonator. I installed the Mag 3" x-pipe, 3" pipe to 4"x9" ovals w/ the custom tips w/ resonators. The sound is awesome, also! Now I can hear myself think!

One of the members here, Jeff, has a soundclip of Magnaflows on his modified LT4. They sound great!

I'm probably going to ditch my Flowmasters this year after I put a new motor in my car. I want to go with stainless instead of aluminum. :D

Edmond said:
One of the members here, Jeff, has a soundclip of Magnaflows on his modified LT4. They sound great!

I'm probably going to ditch my Flowmasters this year after I put a new motor in my car. I want to go with stainless instead of aluminum. :D
Yup, I've listened to Jeff's sound clip before. Definitely one of the main reasons I was angling toward Magnaflows. They looked great and sounded great on his...and they are just as awesome on my car!:upthumbs ... minus the extra HP that Jeff's LT4 has... ;)

I'll get you some photo this weekend, Rick. Need to do some minor adjusting to make the more straight and symetrical (because I was too excited and running out of day light!)! Thanks again!

Another satisfied Magnaflow customer here. Congrats and you love them even more if you put LT header on.

Greg

Legion21 said:
Another satisfied Magnaflow customer here. Congrats and you love them even more if you put LT header on.

Greg
Hehe...I have a "grocery list" of mods I'm looking forward to doing!! :drool:

I definitely wanna go the 383/396 stroker route (and all the supporting goodies for it). Want different rims eventually (315 in the back to go with the stroker!). Fresh repaint. Etc...etc...etc...

All in time! :upthumbs :beer

lt4man said:
Robert, nice to have you with us! Too bad you aren't located a little further "north". Like in Chi-town! :upthumbs

Whenever you post something, I pay close attention to what you say. There is just no substitute for experience.

I take it you have been using Magnaflows for a while.

When I had mine installed I was not ready for the increase in POWER. I went from muffler eliminators to getting rid of my resonator. I installed the Mag 3" x-pipe, 3" pipe to 4"x9" ovals w/ the custom tips w/ resonators. The sound is awesome, also! Now I can hear myself think!

I've done a couple of Magnaflow installs... ;)

I see you've done the X-pipe already (GREAT for eliminating resonance while picking up a couple extra HP), and I've got a lot of happy customers with my inhouse brand 2-3/4" X-pipe (can't find it anywhere else!) as well. I highly recommend using an X-pipe with any muffler setup.

AdvancedAutoCC said:
I've done a couple of Magnaflow installs... ;)

I see you've done the X-pipe already (GREAT for eliminating resonance while picking up a couple extra HP), and I've got a lot of happy customers with my inhouse brand 2-3/4" X-pipe (can't find it anywhere else!) as well. I highly recommend using an X-pipe with any muffler setup.

Do you sell the X pipe mail order? I may want to order one! Especially since the resonator was removed, and it's true duals, i would like to add an X pipe on it at some point..
-=Rick

Robert,

When I was in the Showcase at McCormick Place a couple of weeks ago, a couple of fellas asked to see my x-pipe on my Vette. They could not believe the pipe actually fit in the tunnel! They had muffler shop guys tell them the pipe would NOT fit! :confused

I like the x-pipe you are selling. Amazing how it pulls (scavenges) the exhaust out of the system.

I went with the 3" because the factory header pipe is 3" and is reduced at the front of the resonator. I went with 3" diameter all the way to the rear.

Pictures!

Here's the picture you wanted Rick! Enjoy...Thanks again!
47b6da39b3127cce88d2f929443200000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

47b6da39b3127cce88d2f91f440400000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

47b6da39b3127cce88d2f9fcc5d700000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

47b6da39b3127cce88d2f90ac52100000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

And the "before" picture for the comparison!
47b5d727b3127cce93be9139bffb00000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

stearnman said:
Here's the picture you wanted Rick! Enjoy...Thanks again!
47b6da39b3127cce88d2f929443200000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

47b6da39b3127cce88d2f91f440400000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

47b6da39b3127cce88d2f9fcc5d700000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

47b6da39b3127cce88d2f90ac52100000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

And the "before" picture for the comparison!
47b5d727b3127cce93be9139bffb00000016108AYsWbZm1aOK

Awesome! Mind if I use them in a slide show?

Killing me man.. I have 1 set left I had opened up for display I really should sell it.. but I want to put it on my car... ug... it's loud enough already without the resonator and cats.. with the cam ect.. I'm almost scared to see how it will sound with these bad boys on it!

I may just do it..
-=Rick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom