Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just need a little info on my 77

jeryst

Corvette
1969 orange L-88 convertible
I'm getting ready to trade my 77, and I'd like to get a little info on it.
I've looked at other 77's and have never seen another like it, so I dont know if it is something special, or has just been customized by previous owners.
It has front and rear spoilers, Pace car seats, mirrored T-Tops, L-82 engine, AC, Tilt & Tele, luggage rack.
I cant really tell anything by the VIN or cowl tags, but if it's something special, I may decide to keep it. IMG_0021-b.jpgIMG_0039.jpgIMG_0033.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like someone has done work to...eg..,2 tone paint changed seats and add on the front spoiler,looks like upgraded rims as well.L-82 could be the engine it came with...does the engine match the vin???¿

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Looks like someone has done work to...eg..,2 tone paint changed seats and add on the front spoiler,looks like upgraded rims as well.L-82 could be the engine it came with...does the engine match the vin???¿

VIN says that it's an L82 car. I never actually checked the numbers to see if it is original.
I hate the seats, by the way. Most uncomfortable Vette seats I've ever had.

Polished Horn Button

Looks to be a early production 77 model by the polished horn button. Government decreed a recall to replace the polished horn button on 77 models, as it was felt to be a potential blinding hazard. GM went back to painted horn buttons and more than one 77 owners chose to ignore the recall notice.

The front and rear bumpers are from a later C3 as are the seat. The sidepipes are aftermarket.

Any idea what years the front and rear bumpers are from?

Any chance it could be some type of prototype?

Front looks to be stock with 1978/1979 Pace car style spoilers.

Rear is a 1980 through 1982 bumper.

And lastly, no. These were common custom mods of the '80s.

Tom

Door panels are not 77.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom