Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Just Prurchased an 08

76okievette

Corvette
Early 1976 L-48, 2008 Victory Red
I just purchased our new 08, Victory Red with Cashmere interior, chrome wheels its beautiful.
The dealer is trying to sell me the GPP additional warranty, $1200. Does anyone have any recommendation good or bad about purchasing this additional warranty?

I don't have any experience with it yet but I have it. I am good through 75K miles.:thumb

Congrats on the new ride! :thumb Be sure to post some pics when you get a chance.

As for the warranty, I guess it depends on how long you intend on keeping the car. I opted not to get the extened warranty because I rarely keep a car longer than 3 years. If you do keep the car long enough for the inital warranty to run out, it is my understanding that you can go back to GM and get the GMPP extened warranty as long as there is no gap in warranty coverage.

Jason

Thanks, Jason that is what I understand also, this is not a daily driver so should not get to much ware and tear and we are undicided about how long we will keep it, so still considering the extended warranty. Thanks again

Congrats on the '08!

I got the extended warranty on the wife's, but I didn't on mine. We are planning of keeping her's forever, but mine is my daily driver and I might get rid of it sometime down the road.

We do need pictures.

Hecox

Pic's are coming, pick the car up later in the week then will put the wife in the drives seat and take some pics of my babe's will post soonest.

I just purchased our new 08, Victory Red with Cashmere interior, chrome wheels its beautiful.
The dealer is trying to sell me the GPP additional warranty, $1200. Does anyone have any recommendation good or bad about purchasing this additional warranty?

My 04' was 3/36 with no issues - my 08'...and yours, is 5/100k on powertrain 3/36 on rest of vehicle.
Spend your extra cash on mods!

chris

You can always purchase it later when your 3 yr/36K mile is gone if you want complete coverage. Our 5 yr/100K will take care of the engine and drive train. You might even get it cheaper buying it later.

And if you mod the car your warranty is most likely gone anyway.

ME TOO!

traded my 2003 Mercedes Benz on a 2008 Pace Car - dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse! really wanted a Z06, but the deal was just too damned good on the Pace Car

now, how in the heck do folks mount the front plate???? hate the hideous mounting bracket, whatever comes standard! there has to be some GOOD mounting plates, brackets out there folks have used that mount the plate flush to the contours of the front fascia/bumper

ME TOO!
traded my 2003 Mercedes Benz on a 2008 Pace Car - dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse! really wanted a Z06, but the deal was just too damned good on the Pace Car
now, how in the heck do folks mount the front plate???? hate the hideous mounting bracket, whatever comes standard! there has to be some GOOD mounting plates, brackets out there folks have used that mount the plate flush to the contours of the front fascia/bumper

Regarding the front plate mount, move a few miles west from OK to NM, we don't have a front plate.
Thanks for the pix of "Lady" resto. From the bottom, "Lady" looks like my long-gone '69 427 coupe except for the small-block FI and rear drum brakes. I didn't know that Chevy ever finned drum brakes.
http://www.pbase.com/c5vetter/1963_z06_destruction

I have "not" bought the extended warrantee on any of my new Vettes (92, 98, 03, 06, or 08) and I've had no reasons to complain.

ME TOO!

several options from NCM version, vendor option, and of course, no plate if you like to live on the edge! :D check out the vendor sites to see what you can opt for. also a long running thread on front plate mounts on CAC so try a search for same. enjoy that new car! :thumb

:useless

:L

Congrats on your new '08, okie!! Love those red Corvettes!

:wJane Ann

ME TOO!

Better get that puppy mounted too, i took my 93 out the other day and got popped by the key bridge

congrats to both you guys on the 08's, im jealous!

beautiful Quasar blue car! have a "hideaway" mount on order

;ive in the "Provinces" about mile from Arundel Mills

call Dennis at Fitchner Chevrolet...cheapest around for extended gm plans...do it anytime before the end of your first year of ownership or 10,000 miles for best deal.

Thanks, Iwill look into it. I posted a pic in a thread "New Car" in the C3 General Disucssion area, can't figure out how to post the same pic in two threads. I will post more later tonight after wife gets home with the car.
Thanks again to everyone great info on the extended warranty.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom