Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

K&N or AirHog Panel Filters

SJC5

Corvette
2004 Torch Red on Torch Red A4 Coupe
Hello All. Looking for opinions on whether to go with the K&N or AirHog. I currently have a modded 2004 Z06 airbox and just want to change the filter. I do not want to go CAI just yet and is happy with the improvement that I have with the modded airbox. I can really feel a difference. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve
2004 Torch Red on Red A4 Coupe

K&N!

My C4 had the K&N Open Lid & Filter and I have a Dual K&N Air Intake on my C5. I clean & treat them when necessary. They probably add a little performance increase.

c6_1.JPG

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

I would be hesitant to use either of them. A recent SAE test published in the tool section of yesterdays tractors website reported that a K & N filter passed over 40 times as much dirt and plugged up twice as soon as the original equipment paper filter as used in a Duramax diesel pickup with very little increase in performance. Another option,if you are not interested in filtering out any dirt, is to simply take the air filter out and use nothing.

6 Shooter said:
WOW - I really can't remember the last time I plowed using my C5! :rotfl

:L :L ;LOL I'm really glad you said that and not me but I was thinking that too!!! I'm glad it's all fun and were forum buddies here.
I remember that I had a foam Amsoil filter back in the 80's on my 280ZX. That was supposed to be a good filter also. I guess Amsoil still has a replacement filter in their book.

Steve
2004 Torch Red on Torch Red A4 Coupe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom