Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Keeping your '97-'03 stock.

O

Oldgeezer

Anyone out there going to keep their Corvette stock.I mean stock. No changes at all. Engine ,wheels nothing.. Save the Wave.

Oldgeezer,

I purchased my 1999 C5 coupe new and it remains stock. I have no intention of changing anything, except the OE tires when they wear out.

The Goodyear EMT tires are too loud - I will probably switch to Michelin ZP tires.

Thanks 99WhiteC5Coupe for replying. I am glad to see that some people are going to keep 'em stock. There is a '98 white Coupe here in Juneau. Pretty cars. Hopefuly my tires will last a while. I have 6,024miles on my car I store it in a heated garage from the end of Sept. until May 1st.:w:pat

With a '03 ZO6 I wouldn't either. Do you think the folks who bought 2001 Z06s were ticked off when they came out with 406 horses the next year.:w

I'm not completely sure. I'm probably not going to do anything to mine, but at the same time think a coil-over suspension would be a great mod. If I do anything, that will be it. Amos :pat

I have put a K&N filter and a Z06 air cleaner cover on mine. The only other thing I plan on doing is add a short-throw shifter.

Oh, forgot about the CAGS eliminator.

The only mods I have done air the air filter (K&N) and CAGS defeat. Other then that some very minor cosmetics, rear bumber chrome letters, performance hood seal, exhaust plate.

Nope I buggered mine up after a year. It's fun too!;shrug

I got my second one in Dec. A 99frc and it had 5800mi on it. Its got 6200 on it now and it will be as stock as I can keep it. I'll drive it but I travel alot and it won't see a lot of miles on. We do plan to drive it up to Bowling Green for the anniversary. Ther guy weho owned before me had it 18 months and put nine hundred miles on it.

Have a '98 pace car and it's stock, with the exception of tail pipe chrome. I like the stock look.
Keep it.

My 87 is stock except for the BF Goodrich's the woodgrain dash kit, the 98 is also except for the BF Goodrich's and the Blackwing.
Save the wave - :w :pat

Just did a little personalizeing trim stuff on mine . Performance wise its all stock and going to stay that way . Runs great , gets terrific gas milage and seems plenty fast to me .

Stock for now.....

as I get aquainted with her. Plan on doing a H/C package next winter. Guess it depends on why you want to keep it stock. If it's for investment purposes .........don't hold your breath. At 35 thousand plus built per year, there will be plenty to be had with less than 10,000 miles 10 years from now at bargain prices. Don't be afraid to mod it now and enjoy it

Brett

Mine is still all 100% stock. If I do any changes it will only be the air filter so it can breath better. Other than that I love it the way it is.

okieracing:w

my 98 is going to remain stock for now. probably, in a year or so, i'll end up putting a new exhuast on it (b&b or corsa), and maybe some bolt on's to make it breath a little better. as far as outside appearance, i love the way it looks as is.:cool :cool

I have a '97 with a few minor mods on it. I have driven it about 75,000 miles. It does not look like a garage queen any more, but it shouldn't. I bought it to drive and enjoy on the road. I would like to put some type of supercharger kit on it. Some future NCRS member may curse me for it, but Hey- Its Mine.

Mine is stock..the convertible top, the wheels, the glove box, the paint, (unless Zaino is a mod).

It's just too much fun making "corrections" and personalizing our vettes. Enthusiasts have been doing this since the car was first introduced. My car is pleasing for me to look at and listen to.
I've made it that way, but to each his own. Some are very happy to leave them stock.

Hey, stock or modified, they are beautiful and make us happy...

Regards,

Pedro:Steer

okieracing said:
Mine is still all 100% stock. If I do any changes it will only be the air filter so it can breath better. Other than that I love it the way it is.

okieracing:w

I said the same thing Ill ckeck back with in you in a couple of months.

My first mod was the window valet.it raises and lowers the windows with 3 clicks of the key fob. After you put the top up and down a veiw times youll be looking for the window valet

Mine is 100% stock and am going to keep it that way.

:w
Patti

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom