Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

KEN!! Mayday!

I red that article twice. But what I was trying to clear up with (Hopefully a 85 owner) was exactlly which one it was.

This switch is on the left side of the transmission, and can be seen easily if you have the car on a lift. This switch moved around a little during the years, but it was always the switch toward the rear.

The one furthest toward the rear on my car is the Rubber cone one with the SINGLE wire.

Doesn't matter. Im going to just trace the wire. I have a 80% Idea which one it is. Im just trying to make it 100.

If I do cut the transmission temp sensor will it hurt anything before I figure it out?

Help,

I have an 88 and there are only two inputs to the transmission. One in for the backup switch and the other is at the second gear switch. I disconnected the second gear switch and put a wire across the terminals of the wiring harnesses. The overdrive engaged in first gear and every gear after that. Then I tried removing the wire. The overdrive now engages in 3rd and 4th gear. The only other wires go into the DN unit, the overdrive solenoid and the speed sensor. The harness for the overdrive solenoid is just one wire.
Am I missing something? There are no other wires coming out of the harness.

Frost I have a Tranny Temp sensor, Trans switch, and reverse

BTW I found it I just have to get me a lift (I lost my lift time)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom