Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ken's Engine Project...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Am I going to switch ignition systems again?

Alright, today I was talking with a gentleman from Clewett Engineering, here in Manhattan Beach, and who just happens to be right around the corner from me. He installs and works with Electromotive Engine Controls. This might be the way for me to go, the way I should have gone in the first place. :eyerole

PISCES

You're experiencing what's known as mission creep. The pressure of events shifts your goal and all the earlier calculations no longer add up. The details that you just finished nailing down are hanging oddly in space. Backtracking and reverse engineering feel like a waste of time, but your other reasonable options are few. Take yourself away from all this, even if it's just for a short time. Talk or visit with a member of your family as a means of anchoring yourself. Someone who has known you for a long time will be happy to help you figure out what's what.

:L But that's water over the dam, eh? Onward and upward! or is that Forward! :D

On a brighter note, the roll bar was installed today. I'll post some pictures in the other thread (Driveshaft loop on a C4...) tomorrow. ;)

_ken :w

Ken, I hope this does the trick for you. It may also just give you so many opportunities for tuning and adjustment that it causes more headaches.

Keep us posted.

Did you ever get the speedo on line? I assume you will be reworking that anyway with this computer swap.

Electromotive it is!

Well, I bought myself a Christmas present this afternoon, to the tune of about twenty-six hundred dollars. Am I insane to keep throwing more and more money into this project? I mean, it's not like it was necessary to go this route, but it is "top shelf" stuff, and it is fully adjustable...
The new TEC³ represents the current in state-of-the-art fuel injection and direct ignition control integrated into one revolutionary package. The TEC³ is a PC-programmable engine control system featuring a powerful Windows-based tuning environment. Converting from carburetion to fuel injection has never been easier than with the TEC³. Whether you choose to run throttle body injection, multi-port, or individual throttle bodies,the TEC³ will provide you with the ability to tune your engine to its peak capabilities.

Street enthusiasts will enjoy the benefits of a ‘distributorless’ ignition system that not only is infinitely adjustable, accurate, and powerful, but also gives you improved firewall clearance and freedom from all those ignition amplification boxes that you used to run in the past. If you are running an aggressive profile camshaft, idle control has always proven to be problematic for lesser engine management systems, but not for the TEC³. Within the WinTEC software resides our exclusive ‘TPS/MAP Idle Blend’ table. With a few clicks of the keyboard, you will enjoy an idle quality that other engine management systems only dream of having.

For competition and ultra high output engines, the sophistication and power of the TEC³ system simply out-performs other production and aftermarket systems. With full control of the engine over all possible operating conditions, outputs that will control nitrous, boost, VTEC, and other devices, new rev-limiters with ‘Triple Smooth’ technology, and On-Board Data Acquisition, the TEC³ gives you Total Engine Control...and makes the competition green with envy!

I think I'll be able to handle it. :D

Sounds like just what you needed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Ken.

Tom

Of course, having the TEC3 means now I need a laptop computer if I'm going to take advantage and make the best of this system. So...

Of all the notebooks out there (in the low-budget field), what would you all recommend?

The TEC3 requires:
  • Computer
  • IBM-compatible PC
  • Pentium-1 233 or better
  • 800 x 600 monitor
  • 64 Mb of RAM
  • 10 MB of free hard drive space

Data Drives
  • CD-ROM for software installation
  • 3.5" floppy by request

Communications
  • RS-232 9- or 25-pin D connector
  • COM 1.4 (software selectable)

Those requirements are easy to meet, even in the least expensive laptop out there. I guess I want to know what is reputable and where is the best buy available? I've been lookin at Buy.com, Sony, Hewlett-Packard (What is the difference between HP Pavilion and Compaq's Presario? HP sells 'em both. :confused), and have this search list up now: Dealtime.

Feedback please. :D

_ken :w

Ken, I have no basis of fact to stake this claim, but I think Sony has a heck of a laptop system. My brother in law has one that get some major abuse, and keeps on ticking.

Ken
Go thru a place like TigerDirect and get a refurbished unit.
They have all brands coming and going all the time
I picked up a Dell Latitude PIII 500, Windows SE, I have been thrilled with for $600

My 2 cents
John :)

I agree with that. I have seen all sorts of refurbished hardware with the same warrantee as new but with a big price savings.

Tom

What did you in the DVD/CD-RW?????
You didn't let any grass grow under your feet on this idea :eek
Have laptop will travel & be WIRED :bu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom