Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Kumho ECSTA MX

Mark Oliverio

Corvette
96 Arctic White LT4 coupe
Considering replacing the front tires soon. Has anyone had any experience with the Kumho MX? How do you like them?

Its a good dry traction tire, good for daily driving and autox.

Its not particularly great in rain, but its not terrible either. The Supra 712 is better for that.

Kumho Tires

I recently purchased the 712 ECSTA SUPRA for my 1992. The comfort & handling are great, traction off the line is amazing. I looked at the Pilots and some top-end Goodyears but their prices were way too high. Kumho was the best alternative I could find (also looked at Yokohama ES but liked the look of the Kumho better).

My girlfriend has the Kumho Ecsta 712 Supras on her BMW. Great look and feel but they wear fast and aren't the best wet weather tire.

No doubt that they will wear fast, as do most performance tires. I drive the vette only on weekends so not too much of a concern. As for wet weather, I've never driven them in the rain and don't plan to if I can avoid it. Overall though, the price, look, and performance is good - seem like a good buy for the money.

isn't the MX stickier than the 712? How does the MX compare to Falken Azienas? for autocross. I've noticed that some people are running them in the street tire classes.

I autocross an 89 z51 in A Stock, we have numerous ricers running the falken azenis and they are kicking the crap out of Z06's running BFG KD's and Kumho MX's. If I was choosing one for autocross, I'd go w/ the Azenis, but I do not believe they build anything big enough for vette's

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom