Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L.A. Auto Show Update

Mr. Lucky

Corvette
2004 MY stroker Coupe
Back from a very rainy drive to L.A. for the unveiling of the new C6 Z06. I'm happy to report that it was worth it!

I have a slideshow album online here, and a video of the C6 vert power-top in action here.

A couple of notes re the Z06 that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere:
  • Available in 6 colors (vs. 5 for C5 Z06): Velocity Yellow, Machine Silver, DSOM, Le Mans Blue, Black, Victory Red
  • Comfort (i.e., non-performance) items will be available as factory options
  • Transmission has same gear ratios as C6 MN6, but ruggedized gearbox
  • New Z06 retains same gearing as before - 3.42
  • Rated at greater than 1G on skid-pad
  • 0-60 "in 3s" in first gear!
Let me know if you have problems viewing or any questions.

Thanks for the slideshow Bob, I know it must have been a miserable drive for you into downtown today. :(

I have to say though, this one just doesn't do much for me:

590ASaP-vette_1.jpg

Butt-ugly comes to mind. :L

Ken said:
I have to say though, this one just doesn't do much for me:

590ASaP-vette_1.jpg

Butt-ugly comes to mind. :L
Yeah... and if you look carefully, they have a C6 emblem on the front, and a C5 AE emblem on the waterfall. :eyerole

Oh well... its certainly different!

Thanks for sharing Bob, some pretty different styling. The Nomad is cool :cool but that silver concept Vette sure is ugly.:puke Those designers better give up the crack pipe! What hideous thing will they do next expecting us to go crazy for. Thats one expensive set of wheels they have there for sale $250,000. :crazy

Doug

abowtieguy said:
The Nomad is cool :cool but that silver concept Vette sure is ugly.:puke Those designers better give up the crack pipe! What hideous thing will they do next expecting us to go crazy for. Thats one expensive set of wheels they have there for sale $250,000. :crazy
Thanx Doug. In all fairness to GM, that "concept Vette" is an aftermarket prototype, and is the product of American Supercars and Prototypes, LLC. I thought the paddle shifter setup was kinda :cool though - they even have an airbag version.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom