Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L88 Hood with Air Box vs. Without

M

minnichs

I am purchasing a L88 Ram Injector Hood from and want to know the difference between the hood with an air box and one without.
Thanks

From he outside they look the same. The air box hood has an inner panel that forms a duct back to the opening at the rear. It has a round opening that, when closed, seals against the special L88 air cleaner assembly. The air cleaner parts are available form Paragon Reproductions. www.corvette-paragon.com

Tom

If you don't have the air box you will be feeding hot air and deadly fumes from the engine compartment right into the cowl air intake for the passanger compartment. Could be deadly.

tom...

Hi

As little as I know, the L88 Hood without the air box are closed in the back, so no engine bay air exits from there.

Rgds. Günther

With the air box, the hood functions as GM intended. Without the air box, it's just an aftermarket high rise hood.

:)

Although I opted out of using it, I had some L88 hood questions last year also...

Check out the thread: L88 Hood Airbox.

Hope helpful.

Ralph

Hi

The long L88 you show in the other thread is not correct.
It looks like if it was cut open to fit over a normal round open air filter.

The correct cold air box looks different.

Rgds. Günther

Hi

The long L88 you show in the other thread is not correct.
It looks like if it was cut open to fit over a normal round open air filter.

The correct cold air box looks different.

Rgds. Günther

Uh yeah - I got rid of that hood... I guess I should have been clearer in my note.... My intention for providing the link to the other thread was to show the pics folks sent me of an L88 air box.

Ralph

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom