Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L88 Hood

M

minnichs

I am considering purchasing a 427 style L88 hood form JC Whitney. Has anyone purchsed a hood from them, and if so, what was the quality of the hood?

Yes, I bought one from them. The quality was actually amazingly good, excellent if I must say. I'd recommend it, it's cheaper than the one from Ecklers. However I think they upped the price w/ 50$ since I bought it. I posted about the quality on CorvetteForum (can I say that here?) and there was a small run on those hoods.

Here's a pic:

front.jpg

Marck

Can't imagine they make it themselves. Ask them who is the manufacturer. Ecklers is the best for aftermarket/reproduction fiberglass.

On a somewhat related subject, things must be looking up for J. C. Whitney & Co. They have a huge new distribution center along I-80 by LaSalle IL. What an improvement over the old buildings in Chicago.

Tom

Legendary cars I think is the manufacturer. I have it noted somewhere who it was. My hood was shipped directly from the manufacturer.

Marck

Thanks for the input Twinnie. After hearing your comments, I will probably purchase a hood from JC Whitney by the end of the month.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom