Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

L88 Hood

M

minnichs

I am considering purchasing a 427 style L88 hood form JC Whitney. Has anyone purchsed a hood from them, and if so, what was the quality of the hood?

Twin_Turbo

Corvette
1982 Twin Turbocharged Red/Black
Yes, I bought one from them. The quality was actually amazingly good, excellent if I must say. I'd recommend it, it's cheaper than the one from Ecklers. However I think they upped the price w/ 50$ since I bought it. I posted about the quality on CorvetteForum (can I say that here?) and there was a small run on those hoods.

Here's a pic:

Marck

R

redmist

Can't imagine they make it themselves. Ask them who is the manufacturer. Ecklers is the best for aftermarket/reproduction fiberglass.

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
On a somewhat related subject, things must be looking up for J. C. Whitney & Co. They have a huge new distribution center along I-80 by LaSalle IL. What an improvement over the old buildings in Chicago.

Tom

Twin_Turbo

Corvette
1982 Twin Turbocharged Red/Black
Legendary cars I think is the manufacturer. I have it noted somewhere who it was. My hood was shipped directly from the manufacturer.

Marck

M

minnichs

Thanks for the input Twinnie. After hearing your comments, I will probably purchase a hood from JC Whitney by the end of the month.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom