Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lady in Red......

Cosmin

Corvette
german v6
Brand new car , but with defects from factory ... Haze! BIG TIME!
At first look the car finish looks "perfect", but is not.
Mission: Focus on Paint, remove haze and light swirls , random scratches and deep scratches.
the car is a daily driver!
gf02.jpg

Car got a good jet of water to remove any loose dirt from it, after that the wheels got some foam action , i use a solution with dawn , apc+ and hyper car soap for foam to remove all the previous wax from the paint.
the wheel walls got some brush action and was dress with 303 protectant. the weels got optimum car wax.
gf01.jpg

gf03.jpg

gf04.jpg

Foam Action
gf05.jpg

The car got dry with blower , 20 minutes
gf06.jpg

gf07.jpg

after dry , i tape most of the panels lines and rubber trims, also the hood, mirrors and front 1/4 panels was clear bra , so got tape too.
gf08.jpg

i pull the car inside and use Led lights , halogen and Camera Flash to see the defects , I WAS SCARED! is like a horror movie on such car.
gf09.jpg

gf10.jpg

gf11.jpg

gf12.jpg

The first thing i did was to remove 2 scratches from the rear panel , i use some meguiar`s 105 on a microfiber towel and i rub it by hand till disappear and i fallow with dual action polisher with polish pad and meguiar`s 205
gf13.jpg

gf14.jpg

gf15.jpg

Next step was some random scratches on driver door where i use Meguiar`s 105 and polish pad fallow by meguiar`s 205 on polish pad
all with dual action polisher.here is the before/after pic
gf17.jpg

gf18.jpg

everything else got 1 or 2 passes with meguiar`s 205 on polish pad.
gf19.jpg

gf20.jpg

gf16.jpg

When done with polishing i remove all the tape clean windows , and i apply protection: 2 coats of blackfire done with microfiber applicator.
Clear bra got clean with plexus , and as protection opti-seal , also all the lights got opti-seal.
Here are the AFTERS , with some sun shots too :D
gf29.jpg

gf22.jpg

gf24.jpg

gf23.jpg

gf26.jpg

gf21.jpg

gf25.jpg

gf28.jpg

gf30.jpg

gf27.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom