Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Larry....got any install photos of the Barry Grant 6 shooter yet?

Well I finally got the parts from BG .

I am going to see if I can get the rest of the day off and go for broke on installing the tri power.

My Daughter say we should do it.

If I can get out of work before 3 pm I am going to go for it
I vote with your daughter...GO FOR IT!!!!!

Well Just home from work.

I not going for it.

Call me a wimp but too many thing can go wrong and I dont wont to take on the pressure.

I say this now only because my Daughter isnt home

Take a Vaction day Tomorrow...get your daughter ready and go for it...:D

oh Larry, you are going to be in sooooo much trouble with your daughter when she gets home....... ;LOL

Now, I'm a fan of tripower JUST BECAUSE it looks good and will go that route for my bb.

Anyone see the comparision in this month's HOTROD between the BG tripower and a 4bbl carb setup on a stroker sb?

Anyone see the comparision in this month's HOTROD between the BG tripower and a 4bbl carb setup on a stroker sb?

I read that article with great interest. In the past when magazines compared old multi-carb setups with a good single 4 bbl they were always handicapped with the use of old tech manifolds since nobody has made a modern multicarb manifold in many years. Also the cfm ratings were usually way out of balance with the single 4 bbl being sized correctly and the multicab setups quite often totaling more than 1000 cfm on a mild 327 or 350 test engine.

This test used a fresh new design tri-power manifold with 3 carbs totaling 750cfm against an Air Gap with a 750 4bbl on it. The test engine was at the top end of strteetable for a 383 in compression and camming with the test actually using a rather radical cam and a milder one.

As suspected the single 4 bbl did better in both torque and horsepower in all rpm ranges with both cams. But not a lot better. You might not even be able to tell it on the street depending on the vehicle that engine was installed in. So which is best? If you are looking strictly at performance and results for the $ spent then stick with the 4 bbl. If cool looks and a wide open sound that is the best in the world means anything then the Six Shooter is the way to go.

Wish I could afford one. :drool:

saw Larry at Carlisle......no 6 shooter....but he did have a HUGE smile on his face...he should...he has a great car!!!!!

Home from work earley,

Family is away down at the shore again

No car cruises So I am going to get started.

I post the pictures as soon as its running again

Hopefullly it wont be midnight
GO MAN GO!!!!!!!

fun.jpg

Well its running again but with a high idle

I will look into it tomorow. (I hope its not a vacum leak I had a difacult time mounting this unit to the heads)

I had do do allot of work with the ignition sheild and brakets to get the sheilding back on the car again

Still have to connect the throttle cable and redo the TV cable I iwll keep you guys posted on progress

I dont like the way the tri power air cleaner looks for some reason,it just look too big and it kinda cover the carbs too much. I MAY SWITCH BACK TO THE BARRY GRANT ONE IF i CAN FIND A SHORTER AIR FILTER ELEMENT

Larry,

Did you change your coil bracket for the install? I believe the tripower uses a different one then the single, might have caused some of your shielding problems.

Tom M

I dont like the way the tri power air cleaner looks for some reason,it just look too big and it kinda cover the carbs too much.

you could make your own base and cut an element down to size something with a small dia x the legnth needed like you see on the Weber setups

I wonder what it would take to have the filter stay with the hood when its raised so you see more of the carbs when the hood is up?

Larry...

VERY NICE! Good luck. I really apprecaite the close up of the linkage assembly and downloaded it.

OK, I've had it!!! I'm ordering my 3 Holley carbs next week. I'll go with a 350 center and 2 500s for the ends. I should have enough linkage components to reproduce your setup.

OK, where's VNV? Need to hear the *****ing about the Holleys. About the ONLY thing that I don't have problems with are my Holleys. So far, so good.

which reminds me, how come the Moderators, in their infinite wisdom, block the word ***** but don't block the word ass?

Uh oh. Here come the Moderators! Everybody hide:L

which reminds me, how come the Moderators, in their infinite wisdom, block the word ***** but don't block the word ass?

hmmmmm...what word is ***** long????....oh never mind, just figured it out.....

It doesn't have to make sense, does it? The Ways of the Word Blocker are mysterious.

-Mac

Larry,

Did you change your coil bracket for the install? I believe the tripower uses a different one then the single, might have caused some of your shielding problems.

Tom M
The problem was how the tv cable & throttle cable mounted to the carb.they were in the way of the sheilding bracket. I mounted the coil to the throttle cable mount. I was just running out of room for everything.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom