Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LATEST Nordschleife Times

M

Mike G

I have a real curiosity for ZR-1 capability at the Nordschleife:

>I know that Jim Mero did a 7:26 in a STOCK ZR last July.
>Then the Viper group comes along, adds unlivable suspension updates, custom seats, a few other mods, and turns a 7:22.
>> I know I read somewhere that John Heinricy did a ~7:22.3 after the Viper run in another STOCK ZR.
Does anyone here know about that Heinricy run? I can't find this infm'n anywhere now and there's no site that lists N'schleife times any more recent than last October. Updates, anyone?

Thanks greatly!

I have a real curiosity for ZR-1 capability at the Nordschleife:

>I know that Jim Mero did a 7:26 in a STOCK ZR last July.
>Then the Viper group comes along, adds unlivable suspension updates, custom seats, a few other mods, and turns a 7:22.
>> I know I read somewhere that John Heinricy did a ~7:22.3 after the Viper run in another STOCK ZR.
Does anyone here know about that Heinricy run? I can't find this infm'n anywhere now and there's no site that lists N'schleife times any more recent than last October. Updates, anyone?

Thanks greatly!

The subsequent run you're referring to was supposedly done by Jan Magnussen, not Heinricy. It was later confirmed to be only a "rumor". The 7:26 time is currently the official fastest ZR1 lap.

EVO magazine has run the ZR1 in a group test, and their time will be published in the upcoming issue. Auto Bild and Autocar magazines are supposed to have their own test lap times soon.

For Nordschleife lap times, go to Supercars.net... Forum... Car Comparison section... Nordschleife lap times sticky thread. It's a comprehesive listing of all production and racing car lap times. (Beware the adult "juveniles" on the actual forum, though!)

A Roumor?

Can we go ask Jan Magnesson? :L

I'll keep my eye out for those Evo results. Thanks for the update!

Can we go ask Jan Magnesson? :L

I'll keep my eye out for those Evo results. Thanks for the update!

Actually, Jan is the one who refuted the alleged 'Ring run. When questioned, he indicated he was at another event stateside when the run was supposedly made. Vapor story.
;shrug
Personally, I'm hoping for a sub-7:20 just to stir the pot with the Viper and GT-R guys!
:cool

Actually, Jan is the one who refuted the alleged 'Ring run. When questioned, he indicated he was at another event stateside when the run was supposedly made. Vapor story.
;shrug
Personally, I'm hoping for a sub-7:20 just to stir the pot with the Viper and GT-R guys!
:cool
I agree. I'd love to see what an experienced race car driver could do for the ZR1's 'ring times. :thumb

evo magazine compared the zr1 with a vantage v12, r8 and gt3 and the author picked the zr1 last! Funny how much vette bashing comes from europeans other than jeremy clarkson. Evo guys must be hurting in circulation and hate top gear. Article is on the edmunds site. GT3 better on the nurburg? Walter Rohl, their vaunted driver could not even get close to mero's time and he was on porsche's big stick (gt2)!

evo magazine compared the zr1 with a vantage v12, r8 and gt3 and the author picked the zr1 last! Funny how much vette bashing comes from europeans other than jeremy clarkson. Evo guys must be hurting in circulation and hate top gear. Article is on the edmunds site. GT3 better on the nurburg? Walter Rohl, their vaunted driver could not even get close to mero's time and he was on porsche's big stick (gt2)!

I believe this is the video of the ZR1 going around the Nurburging:

VetteTube - Corvette Videos, Corvette Crashes, Corvette Burnouts, Corvette Racing

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom