Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! LCD Barely can Read on 40th Ruby

RayB

Corvette
1993 40th Ani Ruby Red Coupe
Hello to all, New here, but have been reading a lot, Also first time Corvette owner, at last, it’s so Cool.
Ok, this is it 1993 40[SUP]th[/SUP] Ruby Coupe, with 96K automatic. My LCD is barely readable, Night or Day.
Did the test that Member AV8R said in his great thread “Dim LCD Speedo Dashboard C4 1990”.
When I light up the sensor, it does make its changes rather noticeable, changing its illumination from dim to intense. The thing is I cannot read the dark parts as in numbers or info on the LCD. (By the way Oil pressure is going crazy even with new sender, just if you noticed) . I have made my searches, best was member AV8R, but it’s different I think. Any help would be Great!

Lights on Dimmer down

Lights on Dimmer up

with out flash light on sensor

With Flash light aiming on sensor

So as I see, sensor is Ok, but can't see number well.
All your help is kindly wellcome
Thanks
Ray

Your cluster needs repair. Do not waste your time chasing other fixes. It must be sent out for repair by a pro.

The liquid crystal is not getting proper power to operate, i.e., black out the display sections as needed. Ever see a failing battery on an LCD calculator? the contrast lessens.

Hello to all, New here, but have been reading a lot, Also first time Corvette owner, at last, it’s so Cool.
Ok, this is it 1993 40[SUP]th[/SUP] Ruby Coupe, with 96K automatic. My LCD is barely readable, Night or Day.
Did the test that Member AV8R said in his great thread “Dim LCD Speedo Dashboard C4 1990”.
When I light up the sensor, it does make its changes rather noticeable, changing its illumination from dim to intense. The thing is I cannot read the dark parts as in numbers or info on the LCD. (By the way Oil pressure is going crazy even with new sender, just if you noticed) . I have made my searches, best was member AV8R, but it’s different I think. Any help would be Great!

Lights on Dimmer down

Lights on Dimmer up

with out flash light on sensor

With Flash light aiming on sensor

So as I see, sensor is Ok, but can't see number well.
All your help is kindly wellcome
Thanks
Ray

See if this will help you or a friend that is comfortable with fragile LCD screens to do this repair. I had blank or strange digits come and go problem. Broken wires barely touching was the problem.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...27069-90-96-lcd-dash-display-blank-fixed.html

Hardest part is getting the LCD display out of the cluster without breaking it.

Good luck,

Mike

So.. how did it go?

Yeah don't listen to that AV8R guy... geesh!
;)

Seriously, your issue is the LCD itself, not the back lighting of the LCD panel itself which was the issue my 90 had until I replaced the light sensor.
Did you fix your issue? If so, post back what did it for others to follow your breadcrumbs.

AV8R

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom