Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Leather Seat Protection

T

tonylong

I want something to coat my seats with to prevent the damage that regularly occurs on the driver seat supports (left side of seat cushion). This is a common problem and I've just had the seat repaired for the third time. No matter how careful I am getting in and out I must still be brushing against that part of the cushion. I treat all the seat with Lexol. Has anyone discovered a wax or other treatment that will make that part of the cushion more "slippery" and less prone to rub damage?
TIA

how about 303 Protectant ? (Couldn't hurt...)

I use 303 on my Jeep top and seats. It says it's mainly for UV protection and has done good on the original vinyl top.
I think I'm going to try clear shoe polish on the vette seat bp;steers just where it seems to run. Objective is to make it more slippery.

Well - What do ya think?

421.gif

:rotfl​

Well that's sure slippery enough !
And it may help it be less soft and vulnerable too !
After I stop snickering I'm gonna check the ingredients out and maybe give it a try. I'll let my GF apply it.

You folks are super :) KY will surely make it slippery and it is best if it applied by a GF :) :) :) KY will make anything to go in and out easy. Everything "goes" better with KY :)

Cheers,

Selim

Coach leather cleaner and leather conditioner.

I use a product called Leather Lotion.

A buddy has used it on his 94 since it was new, and his seats and steering wheel look new (never been repaired/replaced) and he turned me on to it.

PM me for details.

I've moved this to Care & Detailing to offer more exposure to this request.

Elaine

You folks are super :) KY will surely make it slippery and it is best if it applied by a GF :) :) :) KY will make anything to go in and out easy. Everything "goes" better with KY :)

Cheers,

Selim
:D ;) ;LOL :rotfl
attachment.php

I use Adams Leather Conditioner.

Adams Leather Conditioner is a thick, non-greasy cream. Unlike lanolin-based products, Adam’s Leather Conditioner contains U.V. blocking agents and rich conditioners that leave leather rich, soft, and supple.

The conditioner will never dry your leather and it wipes easily from windows, burlwood, and paint. Suitable for auto and home upholstery. Nourish and condition leather upholstery with this thick, non-greasy cream. Unlike lanolin-based products, Adam’s Leather Conditioner contains U.V. blocking agents and rich conditioners that leave leather rich, soft, and supple. The conditioner will never dry your leather and it wipes easily from windows, burlwood, and paint. Suitable for auto and home upholstery.

I use Adams Leather Conditioner.

Adams Leather Conditioner is a thick, non-greasy cream. Unlike lanolin-based products, Adam’s Leather Conditioner contains U.V. blocking agents and rich conditioners that leave leather rich, soft, and supple.

I'm with you BobbyG "Adam's" all the way. :dance :w

nice idea

you folks are super :) ky will surely make it slippery and it is best if it applied by a gf :) :) :) ky will make anything to go in and out easy. Everything "goes" better with ky :)

cheers,

selim

rolmao!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom