Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Left side lower than right side

Enzo

Corvette
91 Black Convertible
My car has the left side, 1/2 inch lower than the right side, front and rear. Both suspensions look to be OK. Any idea of what is wrong?

Enzo

Enzo said:
My car has the left side, 1/2 inch lower than the right side, front and rear. Both suspensions look to be OK. Any idea of what is wrong?

Enzo

Most C4s are not level (left side to right side). When I lowered my car I raised low side rear spring nut and was able to get it pretty close. Others have tried and can't get their car level (left to right) I would bet that most cars are not even however, since Corvette owners seem to be a little more anal about their Corvettes then most car owners all the little imperfections get noticed.

normal

rear spring mount (center) usually has factory shims to start with and can be 'adjusted'...note that mounting points are close together and small shim change has large effect

or just put a 50 kilogram blonde weight in the pass seat

My height is 1/2" to 1/4" off all the way around. It's the nature of the car, I wouldn't worry about it.

I just read a thread on a different forum where a guy fixed his uneveness by shimming the sway bar mount.

chances of finding a road thats 'perfectly' level?..how close is close enough?

now if ya really wanna do it rite--put your car on 4 scales(circle track stuff),on a level surface, and adjust "cross-weight" to equal, or possibly slightly biased LF-RR for 'crowned ' roads (most are)...you can "shim" rear outer mounts or use bolts with nyloc (self locking) nuts like VBP sells, to do this

Mines off too (comparing height of top of wheel wells off the ground). It's way off with the top off!!!

Chetzki

Well. I'm not worried anymore. Since I'm not alone, that's fine. Thanks to everybody for the replies.

Enzo

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom