Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Legal help needed in Chicago

pbronson

Corvette
1980 Claret L82
I sent a Delco 8 track AM-FM radio from my 1980m Corvette into the Stereo Exchance in Chicago to be refurbished back in early November 2005. They have apparently lost it and have not returned any of my phone calls. In addition, they cashed a $50.00 check that I sent as prepayment for the repairs. Being in Upstate NY I am at a disadvantage in being so far away and I am looking for some help in rattling this outfit's "cage". I would appreciate any suggestions from Forum members.

Thanks - Pete

start with logging a complaint with the illinois better bisness bureau ( how ever you spell it). Maybe a call to illinois attorney general would give some suggestions too. Would this be classified as interstate fraud/ theft? The interstate stuff would come into effect if thay have ads outside illinois or in magazines that are sent country wide.

post their address,,, maybe your radio is for SALE at their location. Maybe someone in the forum lives near there.
Is the companys name stereo exchance or exchange

maybe have someone call /email there to ask if they have an original radio for sale that would fit their 1980 corvette. An email responce (of a radio for sale/ your brand 8 track)would be better so you can forward it to the B.B.B. & att. general & local police department.
I figure a radio repair shop would have 50 to100 radios on shelf for repair & your 8 track would stick out like a sore thumb.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom