Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Legal High Speed Run In Nevada! Be There

M

Moonunit 451

Anyone seen this? http://www.openroadracing.com/ I will be at Battle Moutain June 23rd for my first experience to check out my C4 Mods
evillaugh.gif

Anyone like to meet me there and compare C4 Mods?

I'd definitely go to something like that if I didn't live so far away.:( Thats gotta be a good feeling being able to go that fast legally. Maybe they'll do something like that on the east coast, but I doubt it.

Closest I've seen so far is in Texas. I can post a link if you're interested.

SOunds like fun !!

How do they get away with closing 100 miles of public roads ??

Moonunit 451 said:
Anyone seen this? http://www.openroadracing.com/ I will be at Battle Moutain June 23rd for my first experience to check out my C4 Mods
evillaugh.gif

Anyone like to meet me there and compare C4 Mods?
WOW! I hope my new boss doesn"t have "issues".(I won"t have any vacation time coming yet)Have you signed up yet? If you want to,let me know what # they give you so I can find you. I wonder if they let you run open headers?

I wonder if these are very straight pieces of road.

In their past event results, their top speed car is a Corvette ZR1 clocked at 210mph!

Corvette-Pilot said:
SOunds like fun !!

How do they get away with closing 100 miles of public roads ??

I don't exactly know how [/I]they get away with it but this is legitimate and has been going on for sometime. This particular rally is a combination of roads, staight aways, curves, canyons and so forth. From what I've read on the message board and stuff it is a favorite of previuos participants and has been lengthened by about 40 mi. this year. Check out what Car and Driver has to say about this stuff. http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=7364

LiteSleeper, pleas send me an e-mail :beer

Moonunit 451 said:
Lots of Vette's dwn there. C'mon Jeff lets have some fun :L
I've slowly been prepping my car, roll bar, coilovers, 5 points driver and passenger. We'll see how well my car does coming back from Bowling Green in May.

They've been staging Open Road Racing events around the country for several years now, with the Silver State Classic being the most well known. There is also the Nevada Open Road Challenge and Silver State Gold Rush Challenge. Check out Nevada's Highway 318 Events / Nevada Highway 278 Events page for more information.

Also in Nevada: the Pony Express 130 at Battle Mountain, the Bonneville 100 in Wendover, and the Gambler's Run in Elko.

Nebraska holds the Sandhill's Open Road Race in Arnold, and for a while there, there was the Bend Open Road Race at Big Bend Nat'l Park in Texas. More seem to be cropping up all the time, although none seem to last very long. :(

Where did I state that the BM run hasn't been around for that long? :confused

I stated that some events have folded; for instance, I do believe there were two events in Texas at one time, now there is but one that I could find. ;shrug

_ken

Ken said:
They've been staging Open Road Racing events around the country for several years now, More seem to be cropping up all the time, although none seem to last very long. :(

:D Thought that this was a statement in general ;) Guess I misunderstood :beer

Moonunit 451 said:
I will be at Battle Moutain June 23rd for my first experience to check out my C4 Mods
When you are there, make sure you keep it below your tech inspection limit.

The have radar along the route to keep the State happy and exceeding the speed limit of your tech class can (will) result in invalidation of your "race" licence and you get a ticket for the amount you are over the POSTED speed limit at the point measured. So if you tech at 140 and are doing 145 in a 55, you get tagged with 90 MPH over the posted speed.

I haven't done the run, but several people in my area have and they say they are very serious about the tech limits and the State Police are standing at the Finish line waiting, if you violate.

Have fun, but keep your tech limit in mind!

IraPlayer said:
When you are there, make sure you keep it below your tech inspection limit.

The have radar along the route to keep the State happy and exceeding the speed limit of your tech class can (will) result in invalidation of your "race" licence and you get a ticket for the amount you are over the POSTED speed limit at the point measured. So if you tech at 140 and are doing 145 in a 55, you get tagged with 90 MPH over the posted speed.

I haven't done the run, but several people in my area have and they say they are very serious about the tech limits and the State Police are standing at the Finish line waiting, if you violate.

Have fun, but keep your tech limit in mind!

WOW, Rick, that's some great info I haven't heard before :beer I haven't decided what class I'm gonna run yet, but if I go to the higher speed that I can qualify for I think I'm gonna have my hands full and be holding my a$$ to tight to exceed tech :L :w

I have to seriously try for this one. Tech improvements will rule the day, so I can explore the potential of my 'new' car. Thanks, pal.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom