Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Let the battery get down?

partspup

Corvette
1990 Red Metallic Convert
Question; I normally start the car every three weeks and let it run for twenty to thirty minutes during the winter storage, I didn't get to it in time and now I think the battery will be dead, what problems if any would I have. I know that some memory will be lost what else? And of course it is snowing now and I will be jumping it in the cold, running a jumper from outside storage to the inside of garage, go figure, planned on turning it around but to lazy, now I know why. :w

battery

hey parts you should not have any prob. but if you can swing it i would buy a charger and charge it up then start, it these cars dont like being jumped alot of electrical stuff if you get a spike you might fry things jmo geo:eek:hnoes

Thanks I hadn't thought about that, I may just pull battery and bring it home and charge. The garage I keep it stored in doesn't have electrical power.

If the battery is already dead just remove it and wait for better weather to either replace or jump start. A dead battery and no battery equals the same thing but at least you won't have to worry about the battery freezing or leaking.

If the battery is dead, don't start the car and let it charge using the alternator. You may damage it. Alternators are not designed to charge a dead battery. This is true with any car. Best thing is to just buy a battery tender and just leave it on the battery while the car is in storage. It will not overcharge the battery, just keep it at full charge. The only thing you loose with a dead battery is radio stations and clock.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom