Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Let's try this again

D

Drewser

I posted this over in the other forum, but got no response. Does anyone here have any experiance with the hypertech power programmer 3? I need to hop up my chip. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
--Drew:w

You'll get a response here Drew, but not from me (at least in regards the Hypertech Programmer). I have no experience with it. ;)

_ken :w

Drewser said:
I posted this over in the other forum, but got no response. Does anyone here have any experiance with the hypertech power programmer 3? I need to hop up my chip. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

the HPP 3 WILL NOT work on your 84

Uh, yeah but what about the '99?

I already have a chip on the '84. The '99 is a different story. Do you have a programmer or are you just being helpful:eyerole ?

I've never used the programer on the C5's, but I know it worked great on my friends LT-4

Jay

programmer

i just bought one but havent used it yet. i have an lt-4 what settings did your friend use.

i thought pre 1991 vettes had just a replaceable chip and a programmer was not necessary. after 91 the whole computer unit had to be replaced or reprogrammed.

Re: programmer

jplay said:
i just bought one but havent used it yet. i have an lt-4 what settings did your friend use.

Honestly, it was over a year ago and I don't remember the exact settings that we used. But I do remember it being very easy to use because it automatically goes through a series of steps.

Jay

Re: Uh, yeah but what about the '99?

Drewser said:
I already have a chip on the '84. The '99 is a different story. Do you have a programmer or are you just being helpful:eyerole ?

Considering this was posted in the C4 section I assumed you meant for the 84.. Sorry although it was not specified in the original post..

As for the HPP 3 in a C5, my friend has one for his C4.. all he uses it for is the lower fans temps and the Gear re-calibration..

IMHO I don't think the perfomance tuning (for the LT1 anyway) is all that great in the HPP 3.

for the C5 it is something completely different and I have not seen or heard anything so I cannot answer honestly..

If you have mods done.. then the best is a PCM reprogram.. if the 99 you have is stock, I think the money can be better spent elsewhere

Actually

My C5 is stock...bone stock...too stock. I want to change the shift points mainly, my temp is fine.

I posted this originally over in the C5 forum, but didn't get a response (I thought I included this in my first post but "over in the other forum" must have been too obscure a reference). Thanks for your input though as you have been much more helpful than the C5 people who don't seem to have one. I just wish Jays friend lived closer to me.

Just out of curiosity, what mods would you recommend?

Re: Actually

Drewser said:
My C5 is stock...bone stock...too stock. I want to change the shift points mainly, my temp is fine.

I posted this originally over in the C5 forum, but didn't get a response (I thought I included this in my first post but "over in the other forum" must have been too obscure a reference). Thanks for your input though as you have been much more helpful than the C5 people who don't seem to have one. I just wish Jays friend lived closer to me.

Just out of curiosity, what mods would you recommend?

Yeah when you said other forum, I was not sure where that other post was. I don't tend to drift into the C5 sections since i don't own one.. I concentrate mainly on the C4's since I only have my 89

As for mods
Basic stuff I guess.. maybe a Air box, SLP Recalibrated LS6 MAF or not so basic stuff like a Catback system.. or a higher stall converter.. Another thing I forgot to mention with my friends C4, he tried the Hypertech Shift points and they were Horrible.. Again the C4 vs C5 programming is different but not sure if they used the same logic.

Now if you were to put gears in the car I would suggest the HPP 3 just to get the speedo correct.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom