Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

let's use our forum more!

Thanks guys! Lastnight I took my wife to the hockey game in my vette, and I couldn't even enjoy the game that much, knowing my baby's parked out there all by herself about 250 yards away. I must have checked on her at least 6 or 7 times during the game. On our way back to the parking lot, after the game, there must have been 15-18 people standing around her. This made me so nervous until I found out they were just standing there and admiring her. Have ya'll ever had such experiences? I sure don't want to seem like I'm infatuated with this beauty, but I am. Wife says she understands but at the same time she says I'm silly. However, she's not just a car.......She's my Corvette.

Thanks guys! Lastnight I took my wife to the hockey game in my vette, and I couldn't even enjoy the game that much, knowing my baby's parked out there all by herself about 250 yards away. I must have checked on her at least 6 or 7 times during the game. On our way back to the parking lot, after the game, there must have been 15-18 people standing around her. This made me so nervous until I found out they were just standing there and admiring her. Have ya'll ever had such experiences? I sure don't want to seem like I'm infatuated with this beauty, but I am. Wife says she understands but at the same time she says I'm silly. However, she's not just a car.......She's my Corvette.
Welcome C3 Driver and enjoy the attention that your baby will bring you. Even though it may get a little nervous once in a while.:L There has been a few times that I have found people admiring my car, it is fun as long as they no touchy. I really enjoy just driving down the road and watch the looks that I get from people.:upthumbs

welcome to THE L-81 registry C-3 Driver
Our vette ARE head turners,I've even had few from the younger generations be impressed with sight my vette driving by them...:upthumbs:upthumbs

:beer

Yesterday after some exhaust work I had to go for alittle test drive. Had two teens waiting at a bus stop jump up when they saw me coming and take pictures with their cell phones. My car doent look as great as all of yours do but what a good feeling to have others notice our clasic sports cars. 1st vette for me I guess this sort of thing happens alot ?

Yes Dave, Found the pitail stuffed above the heater duct on the drivers side. By passed the delay relay in glove box. All lights working a they should. Next big task is the alarm circuts. Oh by the way I dont Know where Higgins Lake is but I was born in Detroit in 55 moved to Livonia 4 years later. Lived there till69 and moved to Jackson hole wyoming. Mark

Mark, That's right, you had sent a PM. Higgins Lake is Approx 200 north of the Motor City. Good luck on the alarm . Dave :w

:bar

Thanks Dave wanst sure you got the pm. Computers are not kind to me. After all I'm a plumber. Mark

I haul LPG...AKA Propane(Tractor Trailer loads):beer:beer

bill81vette, Isn't this the weather we love ay. Snow ice and sleet, gotta love it. I drive both a semi and double trailers Hauling logs out of the bush. Dave :w

:beer

OH Yeah!!!!
No doubles though...1 trailer at a time of this is enough!!!!:eek:hnoes

When I found this '81 only forum, I was excited :W. It was nice to see other people that have ( I believe to be the coolest vette style they made ) and a forum just for that year :beer. I'll be in here on a regular basis to get & give help if I can :cool. "LONG LIVE THE '81"

New Member with a Question

Hi,

My name is Marc Schnell and I am a new member. I am the proud owner of a recently purchased 1981 Drk Blue/Blue Leather 4-speed and a 2007 Z06 Machine Silver. I have loved corvettes ever since I first learned about cars. I have always wanted a corvette but the timing was never right. I finally purchased my Z06 in June 07 and my 81 in Dec 07. I love driving them both equally. I plan on turning my 81 into my own 81 Z06. I do have a question regarding the rocker moldings. My 81 has chrome rocker moldings every other 81 that I have seen have black moldings. Was chrome an option? or were they replaced with earlier moldings? Any info regarding this question would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for creating the L81 Registry. I plan on using it frequently.

All the best
Marc

Welcome Marc!!

I believe all '81s came with black rocker molding, however it is common for owners to strip and polish the panels, along with the rear window trim. Some people just prefer it.

-Tatortot

Hey All,

Eleanor is my car, an 81 Drk Blue with Silver interior. A Bowling Green beauty. Got her in June '07. My wife says I'm obsessed.:D My name is Frank.

I check this forum daily and enjoy the posts. Have found them very helpful as I'm starting to fix things on Eleanor and that is a first for me, an accountant by profession. I actually have grease under my finger nails!:WHaving a blast doing it.

Thanks to Bud and Paul for all they have and continue to do.

Frank

Hi Frank, My wife says the same thing. I'm getting ready to put plates on the car and wanted to use vanity plates with the letters OBSESHN. All ready taken according to washington dmv. I'll have to come up with somthing else. Mark

Hi pbcanney- I needed this shifter bracket also for my 81 project. I finally found one on ebay. I think I paid $25 maybe $30 with shipping.

I see ther is a used one on ebay today. Unfortunately, they want $79 for it in a non-bid (Buy It Now) listing. This seems pretty steep to me, but I know how much time I spent looking at every on-line catalog that I could find.

You probably already know about this one, but here is the link just in case.
Good luck.

80-81 c3 corvette 4 speed shifter bracket : eBay Motors (item 180266316286 end time May-08-10 08:02:19 PDT)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom