Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

License Tag Attachment

coptertom

Corvette
1972 and 2014 C7
I could use some ideas..............Just decided to start working on the"81". Already replaced the brake calipers and brake lines (still waiting to bleed the master cyl). I just ordered a steering rebuild kit from Muskegon and various other items from Ecklers.................While waiting for the parts to come in I decided to work on a couple of little issues to pass the time.

The one little issue that may not be so little is where the license plate screws attaches to the rear bumper. The left bolt/screw attachment is missing! I see that there is a metal piece that is riveted to the plastic bumper so that you can screw the license plate on........I've search high and low (including the L81 Vette Resistry Forum) for information on this trival little part without any luck. Does anybody know where I could find a new bolt/screw receiver or will I have to have something fabricated to rivet on?

Maybe I am the only guy that has run into this problem!

first welcome to CAC!!!!
2nd you might try the 'help'section in your local parts house EG. autozone,advance.
the only other thing I can think to try is one of the corvette parts houses,corvette central or corvette america,ecklers,one of those....

coptertom said:
I could use some ideas..............Just decided to start working on the"81". Already replaced the brake calipers and brake lines (still waiting to bleed the master cyl). I just ordered a steering rebuild kit from Muskegon and various other items from Ecklers.................While waiting for the parts to come in I decided to work on a couple of little issues to pass the time.

The one little issue that may not be so little is where the license plate screws attaches to the rear bumper. The left bolt/screw attachment is missing! I see that there is a metal piece that is riveted to the plastic bumper so that you can screw the license plate on........I've search high and low (including the L81 Vette Resistry Forum) for information on this trival little part without any luck. Does anybody know where I could find a new bolt/screw receiver or will I have to have something fabricated to rivet on?

Maybe I am the only guy that has run into this problem!

I've already checked out Ecklers, Corvette Central and a couple of local auto part stores....................No Luck! I was hoping that maybe some one on this forum may have had this same issue or knew some one who had.....Guess I will just keep looking / calling around!

Still Looking For Some Help......

Guess I must have come up with a problem that nobody else has experienced or heard of...............I've already searched high and low at Ecklers, Corvette America, Zip et. If anybody has any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Sure would hate to wait until I can come up with the extra bucks for a new paint job before I can figure out a way to attach my tag. "Not that's it's up and running right now"!

Stuck,
Tom

Tom,
Contact "Just Corvettes" 800 889-8388
they are a Corvette wrecking yard in St. Charles MO. They will most likely have what you need.
B

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom