Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lingenfelter...

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
Has anyone in here driven or rode shotgun in a Lingenfelter tuned Vette'?

Are his cars really what they're advertised to be?

I have neiter driven or rode in one, but I have seen a few of his ZR-1's run. Are they what they are advertised as. Yes

Shooter,

Those are some awesome articles. The performance Lingenfelter gets from those cars is amazing.

I was on his website and looked up the LT4 package he offers. It looks pretty cool. I think my 4 year goal would be a Lingenfelter LT4.

I've got a fairly stock ZR-1 and I ran from a 60 punch with my buddies 368 Lingenfelter ZR-1. Needless to say, he left me for dead.:(

Jay

Check with his customers, first

His cars may be fast, but I found his customer service to be poor and disorganized. :booty

His intake is a nightmare to assemble and get sealed and he shipped me a header and exhaust system w/o my ordering it. I had to beg for enough bolts to assemble the intake system I paid big bucks for, too. :bash

Good luck! :w

I have a friend who is the second owner of a 90 Lingenfelter. HE claims it is quite a car that is also very streetable. He has had the car in the 11's at the dragway. I have considered buying this car and still may as well.

Edmond,

To answer your answer directly (Have I ever rode in one), no. But, my goal is to someday own a Longenfelter vette. He is hands down the best Corvette Supertuner around. As a testiment, his vette's just won the Car And Driver Supertuner shootout for the second year in a row. And he didn't even use his most outlandish car, the C5 427 TwinTurbo!

I just want to get a C5 for around $20some grand, then throw his $6000 supercharger package in it. That alone will make me pretty much the fastest car in a very large area...

Mciamp99 said:
I have a friend who is the second owner of a 90 Lingenfelter. HE claims it is quite a car that is also very streetable. He has had the car in the 11's at the dragway. I have considered buying this car and still may as well.

That is an insane machine right there!:BOW

Re: Edmond . . .

6 Shooter said:
r u about ready 2 buy 1 ?

Everything but the wallet is willing.:L

I'm looking at it like this: once I graduate from college, I want something that will stomp most cars around here and that's practical for everyday use.

When the Z06 came out, I wanted one of those in the future. Now that I've looked into Lingenfelter, I think there is a Lingenfelter in my future instead of the Z06. I looked at the Lingenfeltered LT4 for a few reasons:

It would cost less than a Z06
It would at least run neck to neck with a Z06
C4 styling, which I like much more than the dreaded @$$ on the C5's

Edmond said:
Has anyone in here driven or rode shotgun in a Lingenfelter tuned Vette'?

Are his cars really what they're advertised to be?

Ed:
In the course of doing exhaust development work on the C5 cars, I drove several Lingenfelter-tuned C4's belonging to GM.
One enormously impressive car was a convertible LT-1 with an automatic that would absolutely LEAP forward when you pressed the exhilirator; it had the standing-start manners (torque) of an L-98, with the high-RPM pull of an early LT-5.
By far the most impressive car, however, was a breathed-upon ZR-1 dynoed at 450 HP; it remains the fastest car I've ever been in, and was guaranteed to scare the P out of whoever was in the passenger seat.

Just my 2-cents worth.
- R

Sorry...didn't realize my links above were junked. I redid them. They work now. Here's a clip from the link about the Supercharged C5...

This latest LPE product is a supercharger kit for the C5 Corvette. Installed on a base 350-hp model, the $6400 kit ups horsepower to 490 at 6000 rpm and increases torque from 375 pound-feet to 480 at 4600 rpm. The kit is also available for the 405-hp Z06 model, but due to the Z06's freer-breathing heads, the horsepower increase is a mere 125, to 530

Ok...Buy a C5 used for under $30K. Slap on a $6400 supercharger kit (which includes the new hood, painted to match) and you get:
490hp @ 6000 rpm
480 lb-ft @ 4600 rpm
:j

You may want to check out www.procharger.com ATI has a 540 HP supercharger kit for the C5... My guess is it is much cheaper than the Lingenfelter kit too.... Also.. they have the LT1/4 kit which produces a 60-65% gain in power... that gives even the most mild LT1 a conservative 450 HP... LT4? well, under-rated at 330 HP @ 60% gain = 528 HP... not too shabby

It's not just throw in a supercharger and everything is all right is it? That sounds too simple. If you put a charger in, you'd have to beef up other parts of the engine and especially brakes so you won't kill yourself right?

LT4's already have ZR1 brakes (or i should say GS brakes, which are a bit beefier than ZR1 brakes) so they should be able to handle a car with at least 405 HP.... I don't think it would be a problem...

What everything comes down to is how crazy you drive the car...
if you are careful, Corvettes can handle the extra power.

Edmond said:
It's not just throw in a supercharger and everything is all right is it? That sounds too simple. If you put a charger in, you'd have to beef up other parts of the engine and especially brakes so you won't kill yourself right?

Ahhh... a wise man. Thinking ahead and thinking smart.

Many people step up to go-fast goodies, and forget about stopping power. What comes to mind for me is these idiots in SUV's in the winter that think they're great because they can go plowing through snow twice the speed the rest of us. Unfortunately, the forget that they still have to stop on the same icey roads as the rest of the cars. "Oops! Sorry about rear-ending you! Really!"

Best thing I could suggest is the obvious. Check with the people that supply the equipment. John Lingenfelter has a reputation, and a good one at that. I feel confident that he wouldn't install something for you without informing you of all the pros & cons. If anything, he (or anyone respected for that matter) doesn't want their own work coming back due to poor craftsmanship. You can also check on the net for reviews of people's work/craftsmanship/reliablilty/etc...

If I had a C4/C5 that I was going to have "done", I'd be at his door tomorrow!

His cars are awesome. When I first test drove mine, the acceleration made me slightly light headed. It's a very streetable car to drive around town and is awesome on a road course.
Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom