Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Live Video Feed of the 2014 C7 Corvette Unveiling - This Sunday Night

I guess I'll google the live feed.

What am I missing here? I don't see what you guys are seeing - cars!

Well it's 8:05 and I don't see anything ???????

The guess the live feed died on it's way to CAC ? :w

PS - the video feed from the CAC worked just fine and on-time... 7pm EST. Not sure what caused everyone else to miss it...
No matter now, pretty soon this will be old news (the unveiling). Now it's time to get into the hands of the industry rags and see how it rates!

And in case you did miss it and haven't noted Rob's post about the gallery, it's here: 2014 C7 Corvette - NAIAS - Corvette Gallery

Thanks for the link. I saw Rob's note, but couldn't find "the gallery".

Many of us without fiber-optic lightning links to the web had to wait 10-15 minutes for the feed to download sufficiently before it would show us anything. Several times, I thought it was a "no-go" and refreshed the link...only to have it start downloading all over again. Finally, I just gave up and went to watch the Patriots/Texans game. After quite a while, the feed started to run all on it's own. Everything was OK after that...

Last edited:
Awesome, as expected!
I thought for sure though that the square taillights were just a decoy...

I'm sure it is an amazing car. Interior looks good. Jury still out for me on the exterior styling. Not really sure what to think about the rear end.

Agreed! Yeah, GM may have jumped the shark with the tail lights:chuckle

I'm not sure I understand why so many folks are zeroing in just on the Camaro taillights as a questionable choice. Don't get me wrong; they definitely are a discordant element, but only one of dozens. The whole car wreaks of "designed-by-committee"...a committee of very young, "talks-with-their-thumbs" Anime artists that has never designed (or possibly even seen) a car before. Doesn't anyone mind the flush-mounted Camaro grill, or whole chunks of the car that were mysteriously left completely unfinished/unpainted...including the headlight housings, all of the many hood/side/fender/taillight vents, the roof, and fully half of the rear of the car? All of that is just fine, but the squarish shape of the taillights is just too much? ;shrug

I'm not sure I understand why so many folks are zeroing in just on the Camaro taillights as a questionable choice.... Doesn't anyone mind the flush-mounted Camaro grill, or whole chunks of the car that were mysteriously left completely unfinished/unpainted...including the headlight housings, all of the many hood/side/fender/taillight vents, the roof, and fully half of the rear of the car? All of that is just fine, but the squarish shape of the taillights is just too much? ;shrug
We're zeroing on the taillights because that's the only significant gripe that we seem to have. We don't share your same disliking for the rest of the car. If we have to "zero in on a list of items" and the list contains only 1 item, well...yep! I guess we're gonna zero in on that same item.

Additionally, in another thread here, I already commented that the taillights are growing on me. While they may not be the traditional round lenses, they do look better than what the Camaro has. :thumb And quite frankly now that I think about it, the late C4's didn't have perfectly round taillights either, but I can't say that I recall a massive outrage that killed C4 sales. The C7 lights are simply late-C4's that have been stretched horizontally and placed side-by-side! :D

Just uploaded approximately 80 more photos of the C7:

2014 C7 Corvette - NAIAS - Corvette Gallery

Again, remember - these are raw, unedited photos...taken quickly before spectators or media walked in front of me, or got in my way. LOL

I predict that the first "personalization" mod will be painting some of those black vents to body color.

Hopefully, the whole back end will look better in person. Not just the taillights.

We're zeroing on the taillights because that's the only significant gripe that we seem to have. We don't share your same disliking for the rest of the car. If we have to "zero in on a list of items" and the list contains only 1 item, well...yep! I guess we're gonna zero in on that same item.

Additionally, in another thread here, I already commented that the taillights are growing on me. While they may not be the traditional round lenses, they do look better than what the Camaro has. :thumb And quite frankly now that I think about it, the late C4's didn't have perfectly round taillights either, but I can't say that I recall a massive outrage that killed C4 sales. The C7 lights are simply late-C4's that have been stretched horizontally and placed side-by-side! :D

Just to clarify my position, while I have been quite upset with most of the car, I never said that the tail lights should have been round. There is more than enough to be upset with on the rear end without even considering the shape of the actual tail lights. The tail lights on my '96 GS are not round, and I think they look marvelous. The C7 tail light treatment, as a whole (combination of lights and black trim), just looks like too much eye makeup, which is never a good thing. Losing the black trim would help if the the lights themselves weren't so small. I fear that, unlike all of the rest of the black trim, simply painting the tail light trim body color won't improve the look of the undersized lights.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom