Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Location Power Antenna Relay '84

Estam

Hi all, 1984 Vet and am trying to locate the Power antenna relay. Many thanks for any help.

Your power antenna relay is located under the valence panel at the rear hatch latch, to the left of the latch.

:pat

Your power antenna relay is located under the valence panel at the rear hatch latch, to the left of the latch.

Thank you I appreciate your help. My winter job to repair the antenna which seems to have stuck halfway down and the motor kept running. Do you know if there is a repair kit available, as least I can now replace the fuse get the radio back.
Thanks again.

the antenna which seems to have stuck halfway down and the motor kept running.
If the motor doesn't go full travel and engage the limit switch, the motor will continue to run

]
Antenna-1.jpg

Just a suggestion but if your antenna motor is running it could be just the teeth at the end of the antenna mast are broken. Mine would go up but the last 6" wouldn't go all the way down. I replaced just the mast and it worked fine. The last few inches of the plastic teeth at the bottom of the antenna mast had been broken off. There are replacements at most of the Corvette parts houses and it only took a few minutes to replace.

I thought I was going to have to replace the whole motor assembly and luckily this worked for me.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Thanks for you time to publish the wiring diagram, disconnecting the relay worked great and I have a winter project.

That is good news about the gear, I presume the motor assy still has to be remove, cant see much room there to work.

I'm hoping once the wheel and the well cowling is removed the assy should be accessed fairly easily! Anything I should know?

Many thanks again...

As I said previously, I had the same symptoms as yours. The antenna would fully extend but would only retract part way, leaving 6-8 inches still out and the motor running. I ordered just the antenna mast from Mid America Design. Here is the link: C5 C4 Corvette Antenna Mast 1979-2004 - Mid America Motorworks. I ran the antenna fully out and just pulled up on it. After getting it out I noticed that some of the plastic teeth were missing, which was the cause of it not retracting fully. It took several tries but I got the plastic teeth started and then had the wife turn on the radio. It sucked the mast all the way down and I haven't had a problem since. Replacing the entire antenna assembly looked like a PITA so I tried this approach first. So that's what worked for me.

I hope yours is an easy a fix as mine was.

Ron
"Baldie88"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom