Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Locking Lug Nuts

Gary6586

Corvette
'95 Torch Red Coupe
I cannot locate the security locking lug nut for my newly purchased '95 Coupe. I cannot contact the previous owner (dealer quotes the "privacy act" advisory).

I did locate the original wheel lock key identification number card in the storage tray. The company is AMCOR, Livonia, MI. But the instructions say "send $10 in US funds . . . etc." . . . right.

A separate thread from a Fiero group (don't ask) notes that "GM dealers will have a master set of wheel lock keys which consists of 3 sets of 6 special keys or lug nut adapters. The sets are identified by number and the keys within the set by color. There's a total of 18 different keys for all the wheel locks made, at least those made by Amcor, which I understand makes most of the ones for GM."

God forbid that I have a flat and have to use the BFH or the hot wrench. . .

Has anyone else experienced this? Suggestions?

Thanks, Gary

I suggest you order a new set of locking lug nuts for the car - When they come, take a hammer and a deep socket that is 1 size bigger than the locking lug itself and hammer it onto / over the locking lug :eek

un-thread the lug and pop the socket free - may take a screwdriver from the inside to do this - Hope this helps :m

Re: "just send them $10" . . . wanted to check with CAC first . . plus, I did not know if they were still in business (1995 model year)

Funny, the Fiero thread recommended the big socket and the BFH too . . . last resort though - just my luck I'd bust something expensive.

Will call Chevy stealership and AMCOR tomorrow.

Thanks friends.

fit a 4" long piece of 1" steel pipe up to the lock...connect the ground cable of the welder to the pipe...reach down into the pipe with the 'stinger' and weld the pipe to the lock...pipe wrench turns the whole mess right off

Unless you think someone wants your 10 year old wheels just go buy 4 new lug nuts when you go down to get the locks taken off. Then you won't ever have to worry about where that socket is hiding.
My wheel locks and socket are in the bottom of a tool box.

JS

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom