Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Long weekend trip

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary Convertible
So I finally got to take the Corvette on a long weekend trip. We left Sunday morning and got home late Wednesday night. Roughly 1100 miles from home. It made me love the car even more. We cruised at 80mph on the highway, attacked some county roads in Kentucky and Tennessee, and that Borla exhaust sounded great on the whole trip.

This was reason we bought the Corvette. The car performed flawlessly, minus some leakage in a torrential downpour. We drove from central Ohio to Four Roses distillery, then to Jim Beam distillery, then to my favorite, Makers Mark distillery, down to Jack Daniels distillery, back up to Bowling Green for a tour of the Corvette Assembly plant, (I HIGHLY recommend that tour) and thne home. My twelve year old car was quite happy to cruise all day long at 80mph on the highway, cut up the curves at 50-60mph on the county roads, or piss truckers off on highway entrance ramps. The Borla exhaust didn't drone nearly as bad as I thought it would. FYI at 75mph was horrible, but at 81mph was great.

I'll admit that the car was up against my memories of my ZR-1 and while it doesn't have the hp, it was leaps and bounds ahead in comfort.

As an aside, the tour of the Corvette assembly plant nearly killed me. I had to walk the entire tour with my hands in my pants pockets because you aren't allowed to touch anything. Just seeing those beautiful cars being assembled and watching the entire process almost made me cry as I watched them leave the end of the assembly line. I HIGHLY recommend making a trip to Bowling Green and taking tour.

Sounds like a great trip! Yes, the assembly plant and the museum are great stops. We need to get back there and go again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom