Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for info on a rare ZR-1

mxdout165

Corvette
Not Any More :( - '92 Typhoon #2482
Boy it's been a long long long long long long time since I've posted here at the CAC. After selling my Vette, I don't get away from SyTy.net very often.

Anyway, all I have is a picture:

RM1_Advertisement.jpg

other than that, all I know is it was obviously a marlboro giveaway, and supposedly there was a white one as well.

can anyone shed some light on this car for me? the guys over at syty.net would surely appreciate it. :)

Rare ZR-1

Marlboro gave away 2 of the 8 1990 ZR-1's put together by Shinoda-Williams Inc, manufacturers of the Larry Shinoda designed body kit. It was called the Rick Mears Special Edition.

Bob Cope

That Shinoda kit looks tough. There's a Grand Sport locally by me that has that same kit.

Jay

An old customer of mine has it and it is a real ZR1, he won it back in 91 or 92 at the N.Y. Autoshow in a drawing/contest. He has it under a car cover in his warehouse. It has about 1,000 miles on it. I asked him why he dosen't drive it, he says it is too fast and scary. I always ask him if he will sell it to me but he wants to give it to his 15 year old son when he goes to college. Every once in awhile he pulls the cover off to show me that he still has it. His son is going to be one lucky boy, I hope he really appreciates what he is getting.

1badzr1 said:
An old customer of mine has it and it is a real ZR1, he won it back in 91 or 92 at the N.Y. Autoshow in a drawing/contest. He has it under a car cover in his warehouse. It has about 1,000 miles on it. I asked him why he dosen't drive it, he says it is too fast and scary. I always ask him if he will sell it to me but he wants to give it to his 15 year old son when he goes to college. Every once in awhile he pulls the cover off to show me that he still has it. His son is going to be one lucky boy, I hope he really appreciates what he is getting.
If it's too scary for him, and I assume he has some experience as a driver, how scary do you think it'll be for a 16 - 18 year old? I know it's probably just the insurance guy in me, but I've seen a lot of parents give their kids too much car and I've seen the results. Maybe you might use that as a talking point to help him change his mind about selling?

I have tried to no end to use the method of " If it is to scary for you let me take it off your hands". He has seen and riden in my 95 ZR1 so he know I can handle it with out braking a sweat. His son wants it and when he goes to college he will get it. It is just a shame that I know what is going to happen. The car will be beat on or wracked. This is not the car for a first time driver.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom