Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

looking for LT5 used or crate also.....

phrogs

Corvette
90 ZR-1 #854 and 1968 427/400 coupe
I have a chance to purchase a 91 ZR-1 less the motor and trany
Im looking to get a good used motor or a 93^ crate with the 405 Hp this would become my daily driver not a bad idea huh!!
Then I can leave the 90 for sunny days!!

If anyone has any leads please let me know...salvage yards people you may now or see posts on other sites..

thanks

johnny

Sounds like a cool idea Johnny. I'd love to be able to pick up an old, high mileage, beaten-on '90 ZR-1, rebuild it and mod the hell out of it, and keep my current '90 bone stock as a sunny day driver. Keep us posted on your progress.

I have found more than a few crates.
ranging from 10.5K-15.5K:blow
Good thing is I know fo a few that are in the 8.5K range
It would be sweet to get a 405 motor butno biggie

I did find a seller today that has a 90 LT5 with trany with 17K miles for sale he told me to make him an offer so I offer 6K we'll see what he says.

I also know of a guy in san diego that has a 90 motor and trany he wants 10K for it it has been on ebay a few times he says he wont ship but I do have a more than a few frinds in sna diego so that is still a possibility!

The 91 is for sale at $9,000 with no motor tranny or rims????

I would really like to do this but the wife is already mad at me for having 2 vettes she will have to learn that three is a beautifull thing ;help

johnny

Bans,
I have already sent this deal on to another buyer sorry!
johnny

Is that '91 w/o engine & trans in Texas,Johnny? If so,I know the car and its former owner.

Yes Clint it sure is!!

Im not going to be able to do this little adventure right now I just bought me a 69 that needs work so ill have to dream of a second ZR-1 .....

That 69 sounds like a blast,Johnny. Definitely a good year for GM. I'm working on converting a pro street 69 El Camino SS I just bought into a killer pro tourer. The Callaway is so nice,I think I will just leave it alone for the time being.
Clint

Yeah Im really looking forward to tearing into this car!
Its in need of a full resto but thats what I wanted.....

I figure I throw the Borla Exhaust on my 90 with some headers and Ill leave it at that for the ZR-1!!

The callaway looks great Clint!

johnny

hey phrogs, no offense buddy but for the 20K+ you would have invested in getting the driver going you can drive my DRM away with zero hassle.

If I can't get 21K for this car, it stays in the driveway.

372 at the wheels, DRM 450 HP car that runs great.

I've got just under 80K on the car, and for the $$$ you would invest getting that car back on the road you could be driving it and having fun.

something to think about.

Yeah I hear you man!
I was thinking of buying as I went so I could maybe get the motor and trany now and get a car later and this one fell into my lap, it was more than what I wanted to pay for a shell anyway but I have found a car that could have promise a 92 up in canada that was hit up front I can get the cowl back for 2200 and its all in good contition!! or so they say..
Id love to get that car off your hands man but the wife said no more toys because I just bought the 69
dumb luck I guess

later
johnny

johnny,

Your thousands of miles away and still find all the deals!!!
Where are you looking ? :)

-Bill

Internet dude!!

I go to google and type in corvette salvage damaged you name it, ZR-1 LT-5 I search for all of it..
and I have found some interesting things
the 92 was wrecked but I talked to them and asked about the cowl back and they said its in great shape and thats how much the car is in canada at a corvette salvage yard motor trany are gone but thats ok the most important parts besides those are the doors back!

johnny

Johnny, I didn't go for that deal. It was just too much of a project car.
Ron's right. He's got a good deal there with no B/S involved.

Thats cool Frank no biggie
I had to pass no moeny but I may jump on that other one I found and put it in the back bunner for a little while

I wonder how hard it would be to get a title for a car that Canada set to be dismantled??

hummmmm

later
jp

Johnny , I got some real good bud's that live just outside Montreal . And they are car guy's. If that would help you in anyway. I go up there often too. But for the time being health reason's are keeping me real local .

Its in british columbia

Id love it if someone could go take a look at this and take detailed pictures but im afraid its on the other side of the country

http://www.specialtyholdingsltd.com/
Kamloops BC, Canada

Hey Johnny, did you see the 91 Z in hemmings for $6500. Not much left of the car but the motor is still there. I think I still have the pics if you want.
Mike

Nope I didn't see that when was it posted??
Im in the persian gulf not a copy of hemings motor news to be found out here..:J

do you know if they still have it and where it was??
Im looking to get another ZR-1 to rebuild I want a project I have already found a good cowl back 92 ZR-1 so I have some of those hard to find pieces

thanks
johnny

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom