Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for shiny black metal rear letters

TAC

Corvette
1987 Yellow Callaway TT Convertible & 2003 MY Z06
I can't find high quality black lettering for the C5 corvette rear. I am talking about stainless steel letters that are like black chrome, gunmetal blue or similar, not carbon fiber black and not vinyl or plastic letters. Does anyone know if these are made by anyone? I am thinking about buying stainless letters and have them powder coated for that deep wet black look but don't know if it can be done. Anyone have any advice? TIA

Hum....well I do remember a show on a couple of weeks ago. It was a drag race or car show of some type ,and one of the sponsers was a company that did just what you are looking for. Auto Badges and all. I can't remember the name but if it comes on again I'll post it.

rear lettering

Yes I have'nt found them either, but I was thinking about planing, or cutting out the letters "CORVETTE" and putting a brake/running light behind.
I will let you know if I find some while surfing.

I got some stainless steel letters from SS Inserts and will probably try and get them powder coated glossy black. I'm tempted to see what spray paint and spray clear coat would do but I'll wait and see what it takes to get them professionaly done. I sure like the way black chrome looks...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom