Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking for the owner of 1989 ZR-1 pilot car

Hi Tyler,

I'm not sure I follow what you meant in your post. The build sheets that I currently have came directly from GM North American Operations back in 1995. The previous owner had requested the build sheets on all the Pearl cars and actually received them (must have better connections than me). :s I just recently ordered a couple of sets from the Corvette Museum but haven't received them yet. It will be interesting to see if they are any different than what I currently have. This may be what you are referring to.

I just finished reviewing the 26 build sheets for the Pearl cars that I have (I'm missing 1 for 1 of the coupes) and the results are rather interesting. There were a couple of really unique cars in this bunch. Too bad most of them didn't survive the crusher. If you're interested, I'll post the results in a couple of days.

Monty

Monty,

Please post the results. If possible, I'd like to include the details in our Model Center.

Throughout the C4 production a copy of the build sheet that came down the frame line was stuffed in the left front frame assembly when the body was attached. The car then proceeded down the line with a build sheet that came down the body assembly line. This was done by the workers on the assembly line without specific instructions from management.
The copies you have are from what was turned over to the NCM in 97 or so. My prototype from the frame is different from the copy I got from the NCM. They are about %80 alike but do have some differences and signatures.

Tyler

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom