Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

looking to buy a c4, would like your opinion and knowledge

I would go for the 93, it sounds like it was well kept and not beaten... (a big decision factor) and it's close to you. With gas at $4.00 a gallon, driving fifty to a hundred miles to pick up a car isn't too $wise. But I would pay close attention to the water pump and opti-spark condition. This is a big dollor issue to repair and even if it isn't bad on this 93, it soon will be. The radio issues can be worked on a t a slow pace, but the water pump/opti-spark is something you need to be concerned about. Of course if you buy this car and replace the water pump and opti-spark then your good for a long time. Plus it has a lot of hard to find pluses going for it. But make sure you look the paint over closely, even have a good body shop look the paint over and make sure it can be salvaged and returned to near perfect condition. Corvettes are nothing if not for their paint. My 84 is a really nice car, but it has poor paint which is something you have to look at everytime you get in or out. Good luck and welcome to CAC!

Sage advice. :thumb

Good news, the original poster bought the Quasar coupe!

B17Crew
:w

Wow , i could never own that combo, i get to dirty to have white interior.

Also guys, i used to have some nice centerlines on my 67 mustang a while back, anyway i am toying with the idea of them on the vette(not the same one of course), im not real sure what the rim width and BS is on the vette wheels if i could even get them in that but i played with the Gimp(aka photoshop), and this is what i came up with, the car is not mine, i took it from ebay for a good side shot.. let me know yours thoughts on these. thanks

DaveW aka Quasarcoupe

Wow , i could never own that combo, i get to dirty to have white interior.

;LOL i couldnt agree more...... i could never own a car with a light interior.... that thing would be covered with greasy finger prints if it were mine

Also guys, i used to have some nice centerlines on my 67 mustang a while back, anyway i am toying with the idea of them on the vette(not the same one of course), im not real sure what the rim width and BS is on the vette wheels if i could even get them in that but i played with the Gimp(aka photoshop), and this is what i came up with, the car is not mine, i took it from ebay for a good side shot.. let me know yours thoughts on these. thanks

DaveW aka Quasarcoupe

my personal opinion i dont like low profile tires on the older vettes.... i dont think they look horrible but i think there are only a few wheels that look good on the C3 & C4

my personal opinion i dont like low profile tires on the older vettes.... i dont think they look horrible but i think there are only a few wheels that look good on the C3 & C4

wouldnt change tires, just add the rims to the stock tires, Im not too good with photochop.lol, i also like these wheels cause i know a way to get them for less than half of what the stores want. last time i paid under 400 for them shipped and summit wanted 240 a wheel before shipping :D

this is what they looked like with some 245 45 17's on the rear, plus this is a better pic of the rim, Vs the one i took from their site.

Input on the C4

So, tell me about the 71 Duster. Color, engine, tranny, etc.

1971 duster, was 340 car, now has worked 440 from 68 Gtx with hemi pickup,727 trans with reverse manual valve body, 8 3/4 rear with 456 gears , cam has 650 lift. car is sublime green, currently has all glass front, seperate peaces, fenders, hood, and both bumpers. last time i had it out the car went sideways when i hit second gear. I have another motor a 383 golden commando out of a 65 fury that i have thought about building and making the car more streetable, i dont want to take apart the 440, id rather leave it as is 12.5:1 comp, and sell it off, then build the 383 for the street/ IF i keep the car, and thats a big If at the moment. i dont want to sell, but it would be nice to have cash again. currently it needs carb as i found the previous owner cracked the base plate cranking it down over the NOS plate. oh yeah, i forgot its set up for Nos too, but this motor hasnt been sprayed, in fact the bottle is sitting in the corner full. .

heres a few pics, thats not me in the car, its my 13yr old, i let him and my niece get in for a few shots

and the blue cougar in the background and my truck paid for the Vette

Tnx for the pics...Mopar man at heart?

Tnx for the pics...Mopar man at heart?

Not so much a "mopar" man, as i am a guy who loves cars period, at age 33 i have owned probably 25-30 cars now, all diff makes models, I will own anything that appeals to me basically. I gave up on the whole Chevy VS ford VS mopar VS import thing a long time ago, they all have their good and bad models who is to say i cant own some good ones from each...
some of my list include
66 impala
73 duster
79 trans am
89 formula
77 K-5 blazer fully restored
85 toyota supra
67 mustang
70 cougar(just sold)
64 cutlass(still have)
71 duster( still have)

just what ever is fun and appealing at the time , although i have always wanted a vette since i was about 16 and driving the 66 impala i had.

Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom