Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking to replace Fuel Injectors any advice

B

bsmurf1962

I am looking to replace my fuel Injectors, I have 60k on my vette, and they are stock injectors, I want to replace. I went to Vette parametics and they said $1000 to replace whick I think Is HIGH.
These are what I am looking at, any thougts. and what you though on that $ 1K price.
Accel Fuel Injector - Performance Plus
1985-1996 Chevrolet Corvette

"ACCEL PERFORMANCE PLUS FUEL INJECTOR -- High Flowing Low Impedance Injectors, Cone Spray Angle, Improved Fuel Economy And Throttle Response, Increased Flow Over Stock Injectors, All New Components, Sold Individually"

Series: Performance Plus

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Does anyone know what # fuel injectors I should use on a LT1 1994 coupe

Thanks for all your inputs ......
":beerMURF"

you might want to consider the rebuilt bosch inj that ficinjectors sells for our zr1s all 16 for 360 pplus shipping . i have a set in both of my zr1s they are flow matched and have a 3 year warrenty . go to the corvette forum and get ahold of him . i think you will be glad you did his nameis jon tell him brad sent ya .good luck

I replaced the injectors in my 91 earlier this summer. The car had about 7500 miles. I used the Accel injectors from Atlantic Speed. I think they were about $500 for everything. The installation was pretty straight forward and they perform extremely well. Good luck with the installation. If you haven't had the plenum off, there is lots of good information on the net on how to do it.

Keep in mind that "rebuilt" injectors are a scam.

Virtually all automotive electronic injectors cannot be field-serviced.

This means that "rebuilding" an injector is a gross misuse of the word intended to mislead people. When injectors are "rebuilt" they are ultrasonically cleaned, electrically tested and, in some cases, flow tested then resold. They are anything but "rebuilt" in the sense that most people understand that word.

A "rebuilt" Bosch injector is actually a lower quality product than stock because the stock injectors in an LT5 and in L98s from about 1988 on, were Delco Multecs which was a better designed and better performing injector than the Bosch pintle type which was used on L98s from 85-87 or so.

If you want good injectors, replace them with OE GM. If you want better injectors, many people like the Accels as long as they are the rotating disc units. The best injectors come from RC Engineering. They are the Lucas disc type but, unfortunately, are more expensive.

I have RC injectors in my 95 ZR-1. They have worked flawlessly since they were installed in 1998.

This means that "rebuilding" an injector is a gross misuse of the word intended to mislead people. When injectors are "rebuilt" they are ultrasonically cleaned, electrically tested and, in some cases, flow tested then resold. They are anything but "rebuilt" in the sense that most people understand that word.

Interesting, learn something new everyday. :thumb

I've often wondered how the magic rebuilder elf got into those things and "rebuilt" them. I've destroyed several with a dremel and never could figure out how to rebuild the units. Yet I saw advertisements for it. ;shrug

Hmmmmm ...

I agree with Hib. I've been running the RC Injectors in my ZR now for over 5 years and I love them. They are more expensive, but in my mind, one of the best investments I've made.

Just wondering, Rob, why you replaced your injectors. I understand your ZR-1 has pretty low miles.

Was it more a preventive maintenance issue?

SAVE THE :w

Just wondering, Rob, why you replaced your injectors. I understand your ZR-1 has pretty low miles.

The early year ZR-1s (90-93) injectors tend to go bad because of the ethnol in todays gas. This was not an issue in the 80s when the car was being designed

It was an issue of idle quality and preventative maintenance.

The original injectors - new off the shelf were not flow matched and in a lot of cases, there was a lot of variability in the flow rate of the injectors.

Given the higher levels of alcohol in today's fuel vs. fuel back in the late eighties / late nineties, I wanted to go with a good set of stainless steel of injectors that would be flow matched.

IMG_0023-2.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0058.jpg
[/IMG]I just replaced the injectors in my 91 at about 9000 miles.I had planned on replacing these over the winter regardless of if it was needed or not but one of them died so I did the job a little sooner.Not a bad job,took alot of pictures and got the Haibeck DVD which after I got it I didnt think Id need it but the system checks gave me alot of piece of mind before the plenum went back on.I installed a set of Accels.Theres one vacuum hose that will give you a problem,you need to really watch it as the plenum is put back on to ensure it doesnt come off.I replaced the coil packs and the plug wires at the same time.You,ll notice I dont have the ZR-1 script plug wires,at $400 a pop you can keep em,the G.M. replacement wires work just fine.4 Days after I got the car back together,the alternator died,plenum had to come back off.

Thank you HIB! This whole "rebuilt injectors" thing is a bunch of BS...kinda like a "remanufactured ECM". Yeah how does THAT work! :L

Be careful of "increased flow over stock". The computer is tuned for a specific injector flow rate...changing either the flow rate of the injectors or the fuel pressure will throw this calibration off.

Also something that I have learned recently is when these injectors are "flow matched" they must be tested not only under static conditions (100% duty cycle) but they need to be checked under pulsed conditions as well (which is how they're going to be used). I have been through three sets of TBI injectors (hey an injector is an injector!) that tested fine static, but when pulsed the flow rates varied by as much as 20%! Some of these places also use heptane to test with, which is not equal in density to gasoline (difference of about 0.91 according to a chemistry expert friend 'o mine).

Just some food for thought. :D

Bill

call them rebuilt call them cleaned the point is my injectors were bad, fic gave me a low cost fix that is both backed by fic and flow tested to match,the owner gave me his cell phone number and talked to me for 20 min. about what to order and why and about my car and how it was acting.so hib unless you make your living selling new injectors don't knock it till you try it,paid $167.00 for 8 injectors, bosch 3's,and my 1990 vette runs like new, the only down side is that i will have to replace my back tires sooner a small price to pay for how much more fun i have with the car

Thank you HIB! This whole "rebuilt injectors" thing is a bunch of BS...kinda like a "remanufactured ECM". Yeah how does THAT work! :L

(snip) :D

Bill

Well, actually...reman ECMs are usually not a scam and, in fact, may become a valuable item for Zroners as time goes on. Reman ECMs are usually just that. The rebuilder/reman'er buys or otherwise acquires inoperative ECMs, disassembles them, replaced any broken or "burned-out" parts, tests the repaired unit then sells it as "reman".

Once GM-SPO lets all the C4 ECMs go discon, reman ECMs will be our only choice.

Well, actually...reman ECMs are usually not a scam and, in fact, may become a valuable item for Zroners as time goes on. Reman ECMs are usually just that. The rebuilder/reman'er buys or otherwise acquires inoperative ECMs, disassembles them, replaced any broken or "burned-out" parts, tests the repaired unit then sells it as "reman".

Once GM-SPO lets all the C4 ECMs go discon, reman ECMs will be our only choice.

Ohhh there's always a "choice"... ;)

Well, I have had many so-call "rebuilt" ECMs come across my bench...not one having any evidence of any re-soldering (and re-soldering is VERY easy to spot). That's the only reason I say that. Now testing I have no problem with...but testing and "rebuilding" are NOT the same thing.

It's just terminology...not that I'm picky over that or anything. :chuckle

Bill

I am looking to replace my fuel Injectors, I have 60k on my vette, and they are stock injectors, I want to replace. I went to Vette parametics and they said $1000 to replace whick I think Is HIGH.
These are what I am looking at, any thougts. and what you though on that $ 1K price.
Accel Fuel Injector - Performance Plus
1985-1996 Chevrolet Corvette

"ACCEL PERFORMANCE PLUS FUEL INJECTOR -- High Flowing Low Impedance Injectors, Cone Spray Angle, Improved Fuel Economy And Throttle Response, Increased Flow Over Stock Injectors, All New Components, Sold Individually"

Series: Performance Plus

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Does anyone know what # fuel injectors I should use on a LT1 1994 coupe

Thanks for all your inputs ......
":beerMURF"

$225 @ Jegs...

http://www.jegs.com/i/Venom/735/HP-624-8/10002/-1

Great price. I've had them for about a year and no complaints!

DSCF0306.jpg

when I need injectors, which i'm assuming will be soon, I'm going with RC assuming i have the money

YouTube - fuel injectorOnce upon a time the only injectors that were availe for the Lt5 were Rc branded Lucas injectors followed by Accel.
Times have changed, and Bosch are rated a top brand of high performance injectors. Lucas Are built better. Woop.

for what its worth , bought the rc injectors when they went bad on my first zr1 (a 90) the blk learns were allways different by 4 -5 point . ibought a set from jon at ficinjectors all 16 for 380 inc shipping and the blk learns are now almost allways the same from side to side . i since have bought other zr1s a 92 callaway475supernatural ,and another 90 to make a drag car out of . they now also have injectors from jon at ficinjectors amd they work great . they are balanced way better than the rcs and if i ever get another zr1 the only injectors i would buy would be from jon at ficinjectors . great guy with awsome customer service . ck the registry and you will find alot of guys are using his stuff . jmho

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom