Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Looking to upgrade to C6

peterd

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
I have a Black 2000 Coupe (40 k miles) and I'm looking at a 2007 Coupe in Atomic Orange. It has both tops and 16 K miles and super clean. Probably my 3rd choice of colors behind black and red but I do appreciate that there's not a lot of this color in my area.

Going up up to a C6 what issues/ problems should I be on the lookout for ???? Also with the changes that came out in '08 is it better to start looking at that year ??? consumer Reports shows issues with both 07 and 08's

Not sure what kind of deal I'm gonna get on a trade with mine especially going used to used AND the fact that it's October in Upstate NY. This car is also at a Porsche dealer and asking $33k

Any suggestions ??

Buy the newest you can afford. BTW, Consumer Reports sample size of some cars, including the Vette, makes their results completely invalid.

I personally like that color....I think you would be better off trying to sell your C5 then you can go deal cash but that does not have the convieniance of a swap where you drive one in and drive the other out. From what I read 08 and up made some changes that were needed.......good luck with your venture......:thumb

I'd take the black 2000 over the C6 any day, want to trade?

I personally like that color....I think you would be better off trying to sell your C5 then you can go deal cash but that does not have the convieniance of a swap where you drive one in and drive the other out. From what I read 08 and up made some changes that were needed.......good luck with your venture......:thumb

Yeah ah cash is usually always better. But there's the sales tax issue and selling this time of year isn't great (NY) it's at a Porsche deal too which will be interesting ......

Whats your issue with you C6 ???

No issue, I started driving it 10/10/04 but it's not that much different than the C5s I had, head lights and door handles plus the extra kick in the pants is all. Style we all make our own choices there, must admit I hated the must be in reverse to get out of it but I got used to that. Been a great car with very little issues, 2 turn signal bulbs, new hatch strut, gas cap, and hatch release button. Clutch and transmission has been smooth as silk and have seen 30 MPG a few times.

I need a change and will go to an automatic this time, still looking at the C7 but wouldn't pass up a good C5, great machine.

Good luck with your trade.

peterd, I've sent you a PM

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom