Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LOUD cat-back exhaust

Gersh

Corvette
"06 Z06, Kawasaki ZZR, "66 supercharged Chev 489
My wife loves her C6 Coupe, but is VERY unhappy with how quiet it is. I see some people like the Corsa, but I'm not sure she will think they are loud enough. Her C5 Coupe sounded GREAT with Borlas. I hear BB makes loud exhausts. She drives mostly around town, so the highway drone isn't so much of a problem.
Any suggestions?

I just got a 2008 C6 Coupe and I noted the same issue. The stock exhaust was way to quiet, Corvettes should be seen AND heard. I purchased the B&B Bullets and I love them, for those that say it is to loud, they must have exceptional hearing because it is perfect for a Corvette.

Steve

My wife loves her C6 Coupe, but is VERY unhappy with how quiet it is. I see some people like the Corsa, but I'm not sure she will think they are loud enough. Her C5 Coupe sounded GREAT with Borlas. I hear BB makes loud exhausts. She drives mostly around town, so the highway drone isn't so much of a problem.
Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Borla Stinger! Tried Corsa Sport for a week, but as you say, not loud enough. Personal preference only, but I love the muscle car sound, no drone (at least on my '07), quiet at high speed cruising in 6th, and four 4" tips. :beer

Good info...

Thank you, everyone. I ordered the B and B bullets--haven't put them on, since they will be a Christmas present. I got a used set from the factory (returned 'cause they were too loud). I guess we'll find out next month...

NPP Exhaust

Is the optional $1195.00 exhaust worth the cost and does it provide any real sound improvement? If the NPP exhaust only opens up under power I guess you would get no sound when getting off the gas. I really like the sound of my Borla system both under power and when getting off the gas. Or, does the mod that opens the exhaust full time offer improved sound any where close to Borla/Corsa?

You're right...Billy Boat exhausts can be loud.

But, if you want loud just remove the mufflers and let the cats be the only quieting in the system. Now THAT will be loud.
:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom