Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Low mileage ZF 6 speed and performance shifter

W

windsoreight

I have a ZF 6 speed from a 93 vette with 40,000 miles. The trans shifts smooth and has no issues. I has a 3 position short throw shifter, I am not sure the make. There is no bellhousing or speed sensor. I will guarantee the transmission. It is located in Salisbury, Md and I can deliver within 100 miles. Will also ship, trans is already crated. I would like $600 or best offer would possible trade for Tuned port C4 performance parts.

When you say you will "guarantee" the transmission, can you describe your guarantee, ie: for how long will you guarantee it and what will you cover.

Also, how much to ship to 91792?

I will guarantee it to be as I described, you install it and it is not a described I will refund your money. The trans is in good working order from a 40K car with no noises, issues, or other problems. I will not offer a warranty. I only offer this because I don't have a high post count. The first shipping quote I got was $270 for truck freight.

Thanks for explaining the guarantee. I got the words "guarantee" and "warranty" mixed up. Sorry 'bout that.

Got any images of this trans?

What's ZF part number? It's on the ID plate stuck on the side of the gearbox.

Also, the car's VIN should be stamped on the gear box, can you post that, too?

Thanks.

I will get the info and post it tomorrow along with some pics.

Here are the numbers off the plate:

S6-40
Part# 1 052 000 08 9
Serial# 41992
Customer# 10242260
Total Ratio: 2.64-0.49

Here are some bad pics, I forgot my good camrera:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 149
ZF6 transmission replacement ofautomatic OEM Unit. Can this be don? If so , how is it

:confused
Here are the numbers off the plate:

S6-40
Part# 1 052 000 08 9
Serial# 41992
Customer# 10242260
Total Ratio: 2.64-0.49

Here are some bad pics, I forgot my good camrera:

Let me know if you are interested in selling the shifter by itself, that is if Hib does not buy the entire package, since he replied first.

I was interested but can't raise the money.

Oh...and BTW, the PN indicates it's a late LT1/LT4 transmission (540 Nm rated torque input) out of a 95 or 96 C4.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom