Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: low oil warning light?? on 90 zr1 DIC

italian job

Corvette
1990 zr1
From the first time I have the car (around 3 week ago) I note that seat belt light always come on, so yesterday I take a look at INFL REST warning light bulb. And as expected also on my car the INFL REST warning light bulb was not in place. Then I placed a new bulb and infl rest light comes on and always stay on. I know, thanks to this forum, what is the job I need to solve this problem.:)

But...surprise! also another bulb was not in place: the LOW OIL warning light bulb. (?) I replaced also this bulb and the LOW OIL light comes on and stay on.

Now I'm taking a look at owner manual searching for LOW OIL light explanation, but I do not find any word or explanation about LOW OIL warning light. Also picture showing DIC with all lights on, is NOT showing the LOW OIL light....

Someone can explain me what this mean?:confused

Check the oil level. The dip stick is on the right side of the engine. If the oil level is full or near so, the oil level light is faulty. On the other hand, if the oil level sensor is working, that light on means the engine is way low on oil. In that event, add oil as necessary.

If the INFL REST light is on, the SIR or "air bag" needs to be service. Check the mountings of the front SIR sensors. It was common on 90s for them to develop corrosion between the mounts and the frame and once the corrosion builds, they loose their grounding. If there's corrosion, remove the sensor brackets and abrade the frame rails and the brackets and reinstall them.

Man...this car you bought is full of problems. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

A common problem with cars which have not been properly maintained is warning light bulbs removed rather than the systems for which those warning lights function being repaired.

I mentioned to you in another thread that you'll need a factory service manual. I'm going to be you will also need a scan tester and a digital multimeter (DMM).

Very thanks :) but regarding the fact I not find any word about low oil warning light on my owner manual?

I think my car suffering almost all common issues....
well, here there are a very small number of zr1 cars (think around 4/6) so I did not have much choice, then I bought the best one of 3 cars i found for sale. I bought the one showing the smallest mileage and showing the best appearance. The car has around 30.000 miles and look reallly almost new. I paid E.23.00 (around $29.000) and I'm very happy :)

Will have soon the FSM, books are traveling to reach Italy. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom