Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lowering Kit, How low do you go?

84c4

Has anyone lowered their C4? When you did, did you also remove the rubber pads from each end of the spring? I want to set it on the ground for autocross events. Any comments, please.

Dave:wave

84c4.......I'll be lowering my ZR-1 hopefully by next weekend. The kit is only designed to lower your car by an inch to 1.5in. Doesn't sound like a lot but in the looks dept., it makes a big difference. I won't be autocrossing my car, so I'm not sure on specs for that, but I'll be posting pics before & after I lower it.

Jay

Jay,
Are you going to remove the outside pads? There was an article in Corvette Fever a couple years ago and they did. It really put the car in the weeds, but I was worried about the relibility of the front spring after some miles. If you get a chance how about some before and after pictures.

Thanks,
Dave

I'm not sure yet about outside pads. I'll have to take a look at the directions when it gets here to see what those say. I've got the Corvette Fever mag you're talking about.......I'm sure I'll be refering to it as well. Will definately take before & after pics:)

Jay

NCCC class change alert!

Dave, Just so you know that this will put you in group 2 in NCCC autocross tech inspection and in class "E" there is alot of competion.

The Govenor of the Route 66 Corvette Club is in that class with his gold 85, But I would love to see someone beat him ;)

JT ZR-Won: I'm looking forward to pictures also, considered this for my 96 (already in group 2 )

Hey,

I'm not afraid of Gold cars, it's no cones that I hate.:eek

Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom