Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: LS1 Air Bridge replacement ?

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
How many of you folks have replaced your stock air bridge with a custom replacement? And what kind do you recommend I look at ? I saw a nice Black carbon fiber one with a Chevy crossed flags sealed into the air bridge itself on the auction site. And is this a worthwhile mod ? Thanks !

As far as appearance it will look great, but unless you change the air filter assembly to some kind of cold air intake it won't give you any performance features.I went with a Vararam ram air assembly and their power bridge, great set up

I bought a Haltech Stinger CAI....came with a new bridge.

Intakes ?

Does anyone have an opinion on which is better, the Vararam or the Haltech Stinger ?

The Haltech is a replacement for the stock air intake, whereas the Vararam, I believe, you must make some other changes to the fog lamp openings as there are "scoops" that replace the "black holes" where the fog lamps sit that are there. The Vararam is more of a Ram Air intake. Do some research on them both to check out the differences.

The Stinger does relocate the MAF sensor, closer to the throttle body.

Mine is a RM Racing combo, from West Coast Corvette. I don't drive hard, but I like the looks.

Click pic to enlarge.
DSC00669.jpg

I'm a firm believer in the K&N FIPK for the C5. With it, you modify the radiator air duct to get access to the high pressure air at the top of the duct. Looks and runs great. A new, smooth air bridge is included along with a massive open element filter.

Air Bridge

I have the Carbon Fiber air bridge on my '03 Z06. I also purchased the carbon fiber "Hurricane" air box/filter from West Coast Corvette. Looks great in carbon fiber and adds a "claimed" 35 horsepower. I can't verify the horsepower claims but the intake sound under full throttle is great. Install for the Hurricane intake was about four hours (including removing the stock intake and installing the Hurricane system and air bridge). It definitely brings a :) everytime I get on my Z06.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom