Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LS1 oil change.

My 98 vert uses NO OIL between changes

How much oil do you guys lose between changes?

I've read that a quart between changes is acceptable? I've got a Z if that makes consumption any different from a coupe/'vert.

I change it after about 8000 miles no matter what the DIC says. Have over 80k on the LS1 and don't use any oil. Get a small amount of carbon on the exhaust tips. Bought the car with 36k and this was present then.
Passes emission tests every 2 years.
Not sure about the small carbon on the exhaust but doesn't seem to cause any problems.
:beerBIGHANK

How much oil do you guys lose between changes?

I've read that a quart between changes is acceptable? I've got a Z if that makes consumption any different from a coupe/'vert.
My '99 has 95k on it now and before my last oil change I needed a quart before it was time to change. This was a 4700 mile run since the last oil change, which is my typical mileage between changes according to the OLM (hot Florida summers).

Previously though, I have not had to add any oil between changes. I tried to remember any driving habit differences and driving conditions on this oil change were a lot of stop and go driving (a lot of start-ups too), short trips and some jack rabbit starts. I am keeping an eye on the oil level just to make sure there is no excessive consumptions during this OCI.

CG

When doing it yourself, make sure the car is level because they were genius in putting the drain in the front of the pan. :L

With the drain plug in the FRONT of the pan, level is OK, but having the rear end higher is BETTER!

Just don't have the rear lower or it won't completely drain.

Doug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom