Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LS6 in C3

THORIN

Corvette
1976 coupe
I'm getting the bright idea of sticking an LS1 or LS6 with appropriate automatic transmission in my 1977. Has anyone tried this heard of doing it? Is it possible?

its been done by a few. YOu could also drop in an LS2 now.

i believe the motor mounts are different, of course, you'll need the computer, adn probally have to do some transmission mount fabbing. i'm sure there is alot more, but i don't knwo what it is

Theres at least 3 or 4 guys on the corvetteforum that have already done it,70ls-1,scooter,budman,and a few others.

Hey Dan, haven't seen you post in a while. How's the 68 going? Did you ever sell the 76?

If you want an automatic, it will probably be easier with a Camaro LS1 engine/tranny. The C5 has the rear transaxle and torque tube setup.

70 LS1 said:
Hey Dan, haven't seen you post in a while. How's the 68 going? Did you ever sell the 76?
Jeff, I sold the '76 early last summer. It's been a challenge with time lately to get any progress with the '68. I'll be pulling the body off in a month or two. Once all the welding, painting, suspension, ect. I'll drop in the LS1/4L60e. How life for you?
Dan

dfw81shark said:
If you want an automatic, it will probably be easier with a Camaro LS1 engine/tranny. The C5 has the rear transaxle and torque tube setup.

You are Correct. It would be the way to go, if I was to go that route, I would build a rolling chassis for the C5 power plant and drop the C3 on top. A bit more involved.
Dan

Sorry about being slow on the reply. Thanks for that bit of info. That will probably save me some time, trouble, and expense.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom