Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LS9 Pictures!

ricersvette89

Corvette
Any C2/3/4/or early C5 would be fine
LS9
Well everyone there it is. The sweet LS9 from the upcoming Super Vette!
Love that blue trim on it.

These are a little better....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You can hear the engine here: http://vettetube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=b7bff7550f8a3bd017df

Examine the pictures closely and what do you see....

There has been a lot leaked about the ZR1 and a whole lot has been wrong. But now you can look very closely at the LS9 and see some interesting things.

I hinted about the intercooler in a post months ago, take a strong look at the design of this. It is amazing, and it WILL perform! I know GM did serious design, engineering, and validation on this product.

I have already seen ridiculous posts, like I'd like to see a "supercharger on there", or the "I'd rather see a roots type blower", and so on. Oh, and the guy who thought the engine might make 600hp with 14psi of boost! I guess he hasn't heard about the LS7 yet. WOW!

It just amazes me the things people will say without a single hint of knowledge or understanding how the new ZR1 will perform.

Look very closely, I think GM will not disappoint this time. And, yes base price will be under $100k! You can bet your 1st born on that one. I suspect, if you load it up, with all the options, you will go over $100k.

Remember what Chevrolet originally stood for; Value, performance, and the everyday average American consumer. They have out performed themselves one more time.

Go CHEVY! ;) :L :)

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

:W:W:W:W:W:W

:BOW:BOW:BOW:BOW:BOW:BOW:BOW

LS9 Trim

It should be Chevy Orange, not blue!
Blue Devil notwithstanding, we all know who painted their blocks blue, eh?:mad

Color aside, I'm certain the LS9 Vette will dominate, Viper be damned and GT discarded.

well I hope Chevy will allow customers to change the color of the trim on the cover as I know you can on the interior right now.

Color aside, I'm certain the LS9 Vette will dominate, Viper be damned and GT discarded.

Perhaps it is an homage to the Grand Sport?

Although there has been speculation that it will simply match the color of the particular car itself.

It's probably because of the "Blue Devil" nomenclature that's been used for the car in the past.

Yeah, Chevrolet did! And they put it in the first Corvette!
1954-chevrolet-blue-flame-125HP.jpg

:D:D

(Disclaimer: I don't know if it's the exact engine pictured above. You know what I was getting at... :))

Da Blues

Ha, ha - good call. I was thinking small block lineage though, 350 LT-1, short stroke 327, etc. Ya get the idea.;)

Interesting comments about available cover colors. Ya think they'll actuall offer that? Probably in option packages, huh?...

Do these engine covers keep in a lot of heat? I'm sure they're used for NVH refinements but would ya be inclined to pop them off during hot runs in summer?

Interesting comments about available cover colors. Ya think they'll actuall offer that? Probably in option packages, huh?...
I'm guessing the cover colors will be the same as the body.
I think it's going to be pretty cool if they stick with the hood "window" to show the engine, like the Ferrari.

You don't think it will be like the 1996 Grand Sport engines where all the plate covers are red? In my opinion I don't think they will offer different colors on the cover. However, if the price is right, I suppose anything is possible.

I'm guessing the cover colors will be the same as the body.
I think it's going to be pretty cool if they stick with the hood "window" to show the engine, like the Ferrari.

I think they'll probably be all blue color. The hood window is a cool idea but it wont really show any of the engine! :L

engine window

Guess some of you may remember this yellow C5 Corvette Show Car owned by GM. Looks like the engine window has been in the planning stages for Corvette all along.

Guess some of you may remember this yellow C5 Corvette Show Car owned by GM. Looks like the engine window has been in the planning stages for Corvette all along.
That's the TigerShark from 2001. Last I saw it was in the NCM during CF'06. There were at least two iterations of the hood if I recall correctly. Anyways, the engine cover of the TigerShark does have some resemblance to Rob's first picture above...

corvette-tigershark-09.jpg

However, as far as the "see through" hood, I like this idea better, like an old school shaker hood...(also note the engine cover in this pic)
ss2.jpg

...base price will be under $100k...I suspect, if you load it up, with all the options, you will go over $100k.

Remember what Chevrolet originally stood for; Value, performance, and the everyday average American consumer....

Sounds like an oxymoron to me. I'm an "average American consumer" and have no interest in a $100K automobile even if it my favorite marque. If I had that kind of money, I'd fill the stable with three (more) nice C3s.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom