Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT-1 W/A-C REV LIMITER?

GREG W.

Corvette
1972 LT-1(A/C)
GENTS,
IS THE REV LIMITER ON MY 1972 W/A-C FACTORY INSTALLED? I REALIZE THAT THE TACH HAS THE POSTED LOWER REDLINE BUT WAS UNAWARE THAT THERE WAS ALSO A REV LIMITER(IN MY CAR ANYWAY) TO KEEP ME FROM REACHING THE HIGHER LIMITS OF THE NON A/C CARS. IF SO IS IT EASILY BYPASSED? JUST WONDERING. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS,
GREG

Greg

First, welcome to the CAC :beer

There was no rev limiter installed on your car from the factory.
Maybe you could post a picture of it. Not sure I understand why you'd want to bypass it- sounds like a nice feature (especially if the car has the original engine). I have thought about putting one on mine. Instead of bypassing it, why not just raise the limit?

Rich

MidShark said:
Greg

First, welcome to the CAC :beer

There was no rev limiter installed on your car from the factory.
Maybe you could post a picture of it. Not sure I understand why you'd want to bypass it- sounds like a nice feature (especially if the car has the original engine). I have thought about putting one on mine. Instead of bypassing it, why not just raise the limit?

Rich
RICH,
Upon further review, right-no rev limiter.....Went back to shop and talked with my mechanic. Installed new points, checked dwell (fine) and reset timing to stock spec.( my request-I did have it advanced 3 degrees previously). Now motor won't rev beyond about 5200(getting worse),was revving to about 6000(then getting over whelmed-shutting power,backfiring). Motor will rev a little higher if rpm is walked up slowly, when stomped on it shuts down earlier. Will be back to shop in morning(mechanic did original tune-up, plugs, wires, points, new Holley-I will let him work through this problem). Car runs fine under 5000 rpms. Any thoughts? Is problem in distributor perhaps? Just trying to think this thing through and maybe give my mechanic some direction.
Thanks,
Greg

I had this rev limiter installed in my 89 C4 the 89 also has no rev limiter I think it will also work on a C3
revlimitertachshiftlight002.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom