Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 Collectibility

1996 LT4 Topic
Yellow L T 4

:cool!:Just my $ .02 I would say $ 18,000 $20,000 Sounds like a like a keeper. I would anyway. They will come back. I was offered $18,000 and $ 20,000 for mine. Torch Red Blue glass and solid red. I did minor mods. I did not have a for sale sign on it.If he wants less take it.:beer

96 competition yellow LT4 15K miles

Good question, the car is somewhat rare as only 488 cars were Competition Yellow in 1996. Total production after adjusting for GS (1000) and CE (5412) is 15124 so that color is just over 3% of production. Given the mileage one would assume the car is pristine? Has it led a garaged life and are the maintenance records in order? Are you considering it as a keeper or for resale? Last question, why is the original owner looking to get out of it and what is their asking price?
Seller is asking 24.5K. My gut feeling is all the money is 20K. I haven't seen the car yet. Only wants me to come over when the weather is clear, which here in Oregon could be awhile. It's lived a garaged life but I don't know how good that garage is yet.

Seller is asking 24.5K. My gut feeling is all the money is 20K. I haven't seen the car yet. Only wants me to come over when the weather is clear, which here in Oregon could be awhile. It's lived a garaged life but I don't know how good that garage is yet.

I understand what you mean regarding the weather as I have family in Salem. Judging by your user name are you a tool dealer? I agree it makes sense to draw a line in the sand at $20k for a pristine car. Can't imagine there are many LT4 cars with 15k miles around however given the current market $20k is certainly fair $ for the car. The most recent value guide I looked at still had 96's depreciating, at least in Oregon you have no sale tax and reasonable registration costs. Here in the SF Bay Area, sales tax alone would add 9.25%. It will be very interesting to see where the future value of LT4 cars goes. After seeing the car assuming I was willing to pay $20k I would offer the owner $17.5K and see how he/she reacts. That amount is close to 30% below the asking price so it should result in an interesting response! Ultimately there is no way to know if someone would pay full asking price.........................

Howdy CAC members. Well I did it again and on wed morning saw a nice 96 6 speed with relatively low miles, 57,000, and I pulled the trigger and bought that sucker. I am amazed at just how torquey and fun this LT4 is and, how easy the 6 speed shifts and keeps it in the broad power range.

I haven't been researching enough to know what's up with the LT4 compared to the LS1. I thought the 96's had the latter in them. I was originally trying to get a C-5 6 speeder with, hopefully a dark color combo. Luckily, this C4 had the manual but it is red and I'm an introvert who only bought this thing to drive the heck out of w/out being seen doing it. ;)

Reading this thread got me jazzed up and wanting to go out and feel the abundant quick revs. Thanks for all the info.

Before I purchased the CE/LT4 I was in the market for a ZR1. The ZR1 engine is fantastic and all, but the car really does not outperform the LT4 coupe and the LT4 engine may be more forgiving down the road, as it was not put together by GM (Mercury Marine). I have heard the engine is pretty much trouble free and built very well. Anyhow, I decided that the LT4 was a better deal and would have lower long term carrying costs, while being just as exclusive. The ZR1 does have a cooler interior and has the panache, but I didn't want to fight for parts on the engine down the road. Either one is really a good deal now. :beer

Don't know if you're still around, Ameribrit, but somehow got to cruisin thru some old threads & came upon this one.
I have a '96 red/tan LT4 vert, F45, with 17k mi & it's an awesome car. Get tons of looks at shows & love the performance. Verrry fast, all stock. But I saw the comments about the ZR-1 as well & thot I'd throw in my 2 cents. I also have a '95 red/red ZR-1, 23k mi, totally original, no mods. Nite & day from the '96 LT4 & people go nuts when they see it, most will never see one in their lifetime, they've only heard about them. Agree that the LT4 is as fast & maybe faster on low end, but that LT5 will pull away at 150+. They don't come alive til 4,000rpm. An NCRS judge told me they're capable of 10,000rpm with the rev limiter removed. The engine really is a marvel & yes, you can't take it to the local garage for a lot of things. Hagerty has rated the '95 ZR-1 & '96 LT4 vert as among their top picks for appreciating Vettes.

And on another note, I recently sold my '96 CE LT4 coupe with 33k mi after having it advertised for nearly a year - got $17k. I only had 2-3 people come out to see it in all that time & it was a local show award winner multiple times. Then one day a guy comes out, doesn't even drive it & buys it on the spot - go figure.

I love those later year C4s, I think they're the most underrated of all the Vettes & still very cheap. Good luck with yours! :beer

Recently bought a triple black LT4 coupe with 105k mi. for $2750. Has issues but for a car to beat the snot out of I am happy. Values are in the toilet and great for us drivers!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom