Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 registry

1996 LT4 Topic

soggytaco

Corvette
96 CE LT4
Does anyone know if there is a LT4 registry?? I know they have the grandsport registry but that is for GSs only.

You're more than welcome to join the Grand Sport Registry! Check it out.

Elaine

Hey Sog..the GSR is for ALL vettes, LT4 or not. I am an active member and highly recommend it since you have the GS motor. Very experienced and knowledgeable people there...as well as here;) . Feel free to come over..registration is free but the feeling lasts a lifetime :L

The GSR is for all!

I'm a member there also.

www.grandsportregistry.com John "Hutch" Hutchinson is the moderator and a great guy as he has a lot of information and will help you. You can also get GM parts at cost plus 10% from one of the members. A Big savings there alone plus 90% of the members all have LT4 Vettes. No slam to this site but I asked a question about replacing my throttle cable that broke and 20 or 30 members viewed the post and No ONE helped. It is the best site for LT4's.

Possible LT4 Registar

I am thinking about starting either an LT 4 register or a CE register. I have been looking for awhile and a couple of persons that I know were going to but they lost interest. There was a CE register started previous and the guy who was starting it was out of PA. He even had a website but that no longer. I would see him at Carlisle each year including last year and while he does have a nice list of names I think he is losing interest. The site mention previous are good guys and Hutch is a quality guy and their club is quality. The only reason I didn't join was that they do lean Very hard towards GS vehicles which is ok but I didn't want to keep debating CE vs. GS which when i'm at an event seems to happen. At the various car shows here in Florida most of which I attend there seems to be one group of GS owners and another group of others. Again I think very highly of the club and have nothing bad to say but i'm not sure if its for me. Before I retired from Baltimore County Police -1st Sergeant Traffic Homicide I was a president of 2 corvette clubs and vice president of another (Buick GNX). I believe I have a lot of good ideas and would consider getting and LT4 register if I receive a lot of interest. So anyone out there thinking about joining write me back and we will see what we get back. It will all depend of the number of positive replies I get.Let me see how many replies I can get back and we will see what we can get going. For those thinking about joining get in now on the ground floor so you can help shape the direction of the club. Enough replies we could get together within 30 days. Drop me an e-mail with your name phone # , e-mail address and what kind of vehicle you have. I 'll organize it if I can get enough feedback....take care Gary s Watts e-mail gsw2374@cfl.rr.com

Hey Louis I would be interested PM me with any details...Adam

soggytaco said:
Hey Louis I would be interested PM me with any details...Adam

Hey partsman and Adam email Hutch at hutch@hashmarks.com or go www.grandsportregistry.com and tell them LAB3 (Louis) sent you. We get a 10% discount on the Ecklers catalog and a member gives us GM new parts at cost plus 10%. There is a $35.00 fee to regester but it is well worth it just the first time you have to buy a part, there are other companies that give us a discount too. They do tend to cater to the GS guys but they are cool with all members, and a ton of information just on the LT4. Dyno charts on some of the members tricked out LT4's to the bone stockers. If you are wanting to make your LT4 run better this is the place for the information so you do not waste your money.

I'm interested in a registry, but it seems that you would be duplicating what is already out there (www.grandsportregistry.com). I just looked at this site for the first time and they have quite a bit dedicated to the LT4s. 96vetteLT4, how would your registry be different?

Barbie

Registry

Just as a note that site only is a registry for Grand Sport, not LT 4, not Collectors Edition and that would make it different. But I have only received a couple of replies. 2 for a Collectors Editions and 2 fot an LT 4 registry. G...................

96vetteLT4 said:
Just as a note that site only is a registry for Grand Sport, not LT 4, not Collectors Edition and that would make it different. But I have only received a couple of replies. 2 for a Collectors Editions and 2 fot an LT 4 registry. G...................

There are a lot of members that do not have Grand Sports, all Vette owners are welcome. But if you are lucky enough to have a LT4 this is the place for Tech help it does not matter if you have a LT1 or a old Big Block you are welcome. It started out as a LT4 Registry a guy named Rottie started several years ago when I regestered my LT4 Coupe and found out that mine is 1 of 116 built with my options and colors (Tourch Red) and Black and Beige interior.

Louis Bartay said:
Is your 96 a LT4? Sounds like we have the same Vette's?
Yes it is I will give you a rundown on my car. I have a Good Year F1GSD3 tires, R&D camber brace, Corsa cat back, TPIS long tubes, Hot Cam, Extreme duty timing Chane, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, BBK 52mm throttle body SLP Claw intake, LT1 Edit tune performed at DRM buy Doug Rippy. Makes about 410 to 415 hp at the crank. Stuff sitting in the basement waiting for the car to come out of storage is R&D X Brace, Bendix drilled and slotted rotors, GS calipers, Fikse FM/5 rims and 17X10 on the front 17X11 on the rear, a new pair of Good Year F1GSD3 315 for the rear. Then to the shop to be slammed front and rear and some 410's.

stgry1 said:
Hey Sog..the GSR is for ALL vettes, LT4 or not. I am an active member and highly recommend it since you have the GS motor. Very experienced and knowledgeable people there...as well as here;) . Feel free to come over..registration is free but the feeling lasts a lifetime :L
I tried to register and filled out all the stuff but they wanted money.

redvette6spd said:

The fee is $35.00 but you get OEM GM parts at cost plus 10% and 10% off all items in the Ecklers catalog and there are other sponsors that give us a discount. That was a question mark for me too but after Hutch sent me several pages from his GM Service Book and was so helpful with some problems I was having with my LT4 I joined. The first time you need a GM part you will be glad you spent the $35.00.

redvette6spd said:

I said registration was free. Membership does cost depending on the plan you choose. But as Louis said, there are most certainly benefits to a membership. That site if I'm not mistaken, is all privately run/operated with minimal if no sponsor assistance. Someone has to pay for webspace so how bout the people that benefit from it. :upthumbs I'm not sure about this site here but I think it's owned by a corporation/company?

This site is owned by Rob.

Save The Wave! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom