Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 LT4 registry

1996 LT4 Topic
Hang in there Rob, don't let corporate advertising ruin this site as it is really cool, Digitalcorvette has gone to the Big Buck Boys and everytime you post a problem with your Vette one of the Corporate Sponsors posts a cute reply like " I don't know how to fix it but try this" a picture of a blow tourch :) just so you can see their company name a million times.

I would be interested in a LT4 registry. In fact I have about 800 VIN #'s for regular production LT4's plus 1000 VIN's for CE vettes

MY lic. is 96LT4CE (Ca.) 6 speed manual Chev. hot cam, block huggers, ceramic coated manifold, rear end 4:9, dual friction clutch, adjustable fuel reg.,Borla exhust, Bridgestone Poenza 285/40 ZR17-255/45 ZR17 window sticker and build sheet. 15000 miles (never at the track).computer reprogramed by Doug RIppie Motorsports.

I would be interested. I have an LT4 CE.

www.grandsportregistry.com John "Hutch" Hutchinson is the moderator and a great guy as he has a lot of information and will help you. You can also get GM parts at cost plus 10% from one of the members. A Big savings there alone plus 90% of the members all have LT4 Vettes. No slam to this site but I asked a question about replacing my throttle cable that broke and 20 or 30 members viewed the post and No ONE helped. It is the best site for LT4's.

Who is the member at grandsportregistry that gives the GM parts discount. I am a member but unaware of this good deal.

Who is the member at grandsportregistry that gives the GM parts discount. I am a member but unaware of this good deal.

Please PM Hutch at GSR, not sure if I am supposed to give out that information on this site. Go to the members only section for all your discounts that we get.
Have A Good Day
Louis

Yellow 96....PLEASE PM me... As stated in a previous post on this page, I have quite a large LT4 registry already, and looking for more. I too have a yellow LT4 and would be very interested in adding yours to my list. As with any Registry, I would need the last 5 of your VIN# and a list of info of your car to include: cpe or conv., color of int., sport or base seats, pwr or man. seats. type of suspension, type of radio, miles on the odometer, and your name or city and state if you like. Anyone else that would like to be added to the registry please forward any and all info. A Vin# is a must as this is the only way to track the car as it changes owners. Thanks. Ron

count me in

Being that I am a new member and will be picking up my own 96 LT4 CE at the end of the month, I have been reading and gathering all the information that I can get on the 96 LT4 CE and would be very interested in a registry for the CE.

Congrats Lee on Purchasing one of the finest sports cars ever built.

Good Luck

Cajun

Being that I am a new member and will be picking up my own 96 LT4 CE at the end of the month, I have been reading and gathering all the information that I can get on the 96 LT4 CE and would be very interested in a registry for the CE.

Welcome to the LT4 club :) I have a 96 LT4 Coupe. Had it since 1999, was in warranty and low miles when I got it. Nothing against the C5 but I like the LT4 C4 better. They are a even match with a stock LS1 in a Drag Race if you are willing to Power Shift your ZF 6 speed. I am a member of www.grandsportregistry.com they have a section LT4 vs LT1 with all the data and the GS guys are good about helping us with the problems of making changes to the LT4 as the OBDII computer needs to be remapped if you really make big changes. I like this forum too as so many of the C4 owners will help you when it is time for a repair. Have Fun.

No longer soon!

Well it is no longer soon! I now own a 1996 C4 LT-4 CE with 57k on the clock:rotfl

Congratulations!!! You'll love your LT4, I'm sure. Post some pictures soon! :)

Elaine

At one time, a long time ago, I had 57,000 miles on my LT4! At least I think I did!

Congratulations on your new acquisition. You are gonna have a blast running thru the gears!

You can find out almost everything you need to know right here.

SAVE THE :w

Thanks

Just wanted to thank all the folks that post on "Corvetteactioncenter". Having always wanted a vette I couldn't make up my mind on which "Gen" toget, I was back and forth from C3 to C5 then a good freind of mine gave me a call telling me he had finished restoring his 68 C3 and that he would be selling his 96 CE LT4.

Not knowing to much about the LT4 went to this forum and started my research on the car. With all the great comments on the 96 LT4 in my head I went and tested the car out. I must say you folks do know your VETTEs, having spent some time in sports car racing (Grand American Rolex) wenching on all types of cars, I hadn't hit 3rd gear yet before I knew I would be the owner of a 96 CE Silver/black LT4!

Once again thanks for your all for the insite and comments on this forum.

From a new happy owner!:rotfl
"Save the wave"

YES LT4MAN "OH WHAT FUN IT IS TO RUN THE GEARS"

Congrats on the new LT4.

96LT-4

Hey Guys & Gals...

Got my 1st Vette last August 15th. Its a Black 96 LT-4 Coupe. Its loaded with the Sport Interior, LT-4 Engine & 6 Spd Trans. I just added GrandSport Wheels and Tires(aftermarket). I love it!! I'd love to upload a pic if I can pigure out how to do so! : )

I don't think the car was loved much by the previous owner and now I am not so sure I can fully trust the dealer that sold it to me. Basically, he took my trade but failed to pay it off till it sold all while I had another note on the Vette.

Anyways...

The "check engine" lite came on recently....I also noticed the gas milage is around 10.7mpg and the temp gauge seems high (around 210) I purchased the 16 pin code reader tool but the directions are not clear.

I am mechanically inclined and plan to replace Brakes, Clutch and some front suspension parts and prolly do a tune-up... but I am on a limited budget and will have to try to keep it stock although would love to "beef" things up a bit.

My main concern is what i mentioned first...the "check engine", coolant and poor milage issues. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions for this issue(s)??

I appreciate your responses!!

Bruce

Hey Guys & Gals...

Got my 1st Vette last August 15th. Its a Black 96 LT-4 Coupe. Its loaded with the Sport Interior, LT-4 Engine & 6 Spd Trans. I just added GrandSport Wheels and Tires(aftermarket). I love it!! I'd love to upload a pic if I can pigure out how to do so! : )

I don't think the car was loved much by the previous owner and now I am not so sure I can fully trust the dealer that sold it to me. Basically, he took my trade but failed to pay it off till it sold all while I had another note on the Vette.

Anyways...

The "check engine" lite came on recently....I also noticed the gas milage is around 10.7mpg and the temp gauge seems high (around 210) I purchased the 16 pin code reader tool but the directions are not clear.

I am mechanically inclined and plan to replace Brakes, Clutch and some front suspension parts and prolly do a tune-up... but I am on a limited budget and will have to try to keep it stock although would love to "beef" things up a bit.

My main concern is what i mentioned first...the "check engine", coolant and poor milage issues. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions for this issue(s)??

I appreciate your responses!!

Bruce

:beer First off Bruce WELCOME! Secondly, congrats on the car. I'm quite sure you will love it. Ok now, as for the "check engine light", you will need a code reader for OBD-2 to see what the code and problem is. Now your temp problem and I am just guessing here because you did'nt specify the mileage on the car, could be, themostat, needs a good flushing:puke [ remember the lt4 flows in reverse], or your radiator might need to come out so you can clean the build-up that gets in and under it. Hence the mileage question and where it was driven also. I know that can be a pretty good start right there and it's a CHEAP ONE! One more question on the hi- temp. Is it just when you idle? Or, cruising. If it is try turning on thr A/C to get the fans to come and see if the temps drop some. It might have had a thermostat change. Good luck and let us know how you make out.:w Oh yeah, almost forgot the mileage question. Get some injector cleaner like Techron or STP for starters. Or, it might just need a good tune-up.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom