Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Lucas Oil Stabilizer

mikeumkc

Corvette
1970 L46
Anyone use this stuff in their vette? I have used it in a couple late model cars (jeeps and trucks) that had real small oil leaks and it seemed to slow/stop the leaks pretty good by conditioning the seals.

Anyway, my new '70 L46 has a small oil leak that is so small, it isnt really worth fixing, but I might try the oil stabilizer if it seems like a good idea.

I just don't know how well it works in older engines, or if it is strongly discouraged alltogether.

My experence, if you have a leak, a gasket will fix it. Never found the fix in a can. The exception being a coolant leak. Most oil companys will tell you not to add anything to there oil, all the additives are in it already.

My friend has a 69 Chevelle, he used it for awhile cause he was too lazy to replace the pan gasket lol and he loves it. My valve seats need replacing and I want to wait until winter to fix it, and he told me about this stuff and I tried it, seemed to help alittle.... That stuff is sooo thick takes forever to pour in lol..

Every Lucas product I've ever used worked beyond my Wildest Dreams!!! There power steering stop leak and conditioner is the best and fastest any where!! Will smooth a Sticky,Leakey steering rack Immediately!! If there is a Witches Brew that works, It's Lucas!!!!!:upthumbs

I have to agree that the cure for a leak is a new gasket. That said, Lucas is good stuff and I would not run a vehicle without it. The oil that is available today has had vital lubricating agents removed by the EPA. I believe Lucas saved my new Comp Cam a few months ago, right before it came to light that the oil had changed. I used Valvoline with Lucas and had no problems when everyone else using straight automotive oil was wiping cam lobes. God bless, Sensei

Hi Mike, oil stabilizer, thats the one in the larger container right> If same one I'm thinking of the store display is the upright clear thing with two sets of 4 gears in it and you can hand crank both sides for illustrative purposes.... one side just plain oil, the other is oil w/20% L/O/S. You turn crank on the L/O/S side and oil 'binds' too the gears, which turn super smooth compared to other side. I have used it and do like it. I believe bottle mentions good for new AND older engines. Good luck, regards :>)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom