Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ludvigsen on board

karlcars

I can't imagine how I updated my Corvette history without this phenomenal website. I'm just glad that I found it while I'm planning Volume 2 covering Corvettes from C4 through C7!

I've had to put that Volume 2 on a back burner while writing the biography of British engineer Reid Railton, who designed some of the world's fastest cars and boats. You can read more about it here: Reid Railton: Man of Speed: Karl Ludvigsen: 9781910505250: Amazon.com: Books

I've also been updating my history of Porsche. Both of these books will be out in the new year.

In the meantime I've been doing a lot of research in Detroit and conducting interviews so I hope to have many new angles on the C4-C7 Corvettes.

In short I'm very happy to be on board. I'll be visiting often and I expect to be quoting from Hal's great journalism.

Karl Ludvigsen

Karl,

Thank you so much, and we are honored to have you here with us!! :w

I can't imagine how I updated my Corvette history without this phenomenal website. I'm just glad that I found it while I'm planning Volume 2 covering Corvettes from C4 through C7!

I've had to put that Volume 2 on a back burner while writing the biography of British engineer Reid Railton, who designed some of the world's fastest cars and boats. You can read more about it here: Reid Railton: Man of Speed: Karl Ludvigsen: 9781910505250: Amazon.com: Books

I've also been updating my history of Porsche. Both of these books will be out in the new year.

In the meantime I've been doing a lot of research in Detroit and conducting interviews so I hope to have many new angles on the C4-C7 Corvettes.

In short I'm very happy to be on board. I'll be visiting often and I expect to be quoting from Hal's great journalism.

Karl Ludvigsen
Karl, welcome aboard. I finished volume 1 of your Corvette, America's Star Spangled Sports Car and was wondering where volume 2 was in the pipeline. Anyone wanting to know anything about the Corvette needs this book on their bookshelf. By the way, I still have the second edition of the original book but the new one is so much more. Glad to have you on the CAC.

Wow.

Mr. Ludvigsen...I am honored to be in the same forum membership as yourself.

I have the new edition of Corvette: America's Star-Spangled Sports Car. I read the second edition shortly after you published it in 1973. Used that for research dozens of times in my work. I used to have a copy of Guide to Corvette Speed, too. Unfortunately, both got lost when I moved several years ago.

Can't say I've read your Porsche titles..guess I'm afraid of reading about the "dark side" :chuckle, but the book on Reid Railton...as an LSR nut, I'll go looking for that one. Interestingly, my Dad used to hang-out with Mickey Thompson who, as you know, came oh-so close to breaking the 1948 record set by the Railton Mobil Special. Dad and M/T both kept their planes at the same airport. I've been pals which Danny Thompson for a couple of years. He's still trying to go 450 with that two-motor streamliner his Dad built, but...I digress.

A hearty "Welcome to the Corvette Action Center"!

Oh, BTW, Corvette is reviewed here on the CAC.

Welcome to CAC! We are very happy that you have chosen to be a member here. We all look forward to your posts.

Welcome to CAC!!!

Welcome to the CAC

It is indeed an honor to have you with us here on the Corvette Action Center. My first edition of Corvette: America's Star-Spangled Sports Car is still one of my favorite go to books.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom